Eternal Music

Eternal Music

A Story by Sherri S-R
"

A true story, a love story.

"

They are cleaning up afterwards in the kitchen. He steps up to her, reaches and takes first her one hand then her other in his. Pressing one hand to his chest, he draws her close. She automatically molds to him. With eyes closed and heads together they start to dance.

They slowly move and sway. With gentle lips he kisses her cheek, the side of her neck. They dance. The music they've made is in the air surrounding them. It weaves in and around them. It is natural, as if they've done this every day for eternity.

He has stepped on her bare toes. "Oops, I'm sorry", he whispers.

"Hmm? I didn't feel it", she murmurs.

They dance, eyes still closed. Hands still clasped, the rest of their bodies relaxed, listening. There is nothing but the two of them and their soft breathing and their music.

There is a small noise.

"What are you doing?"

Without letting go they reluctantly turn to see who has intruded. It's the kids, standing in the doorway looking at them with puzzlement.

"What are you doing?” is repeated.

She looks at them, "Huh... Can't you hear the music?"

 

© 2008 Sherri S-R


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. You made me want to find someone to dance with after reading this. One of the goals of a great writer is to draw in your readers and make them want to join in the story. You accomplished this task very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very cute:) i really enjoyed this...

Posted 14 Years Ago


awwww. I LOVE this. I love it he steps on her toes, I love the entrance of the kids, its how real love often is - I can see this as part of a longer work..with warm humor and real life. Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I know of this music. It is in those deep moments, where the world disappears for just awhile. I love the words you use to describe this moment.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008