crossroads

crossroads

A Story by bluesoul
"

not knowing whether to go forward, turn left, or skip side way...

"
There is no straight path in life.You think you may control it, but every step you take is inevitably shaped by the steps of others, past or future. you found yourself sometimes at crossroads, not sure whether to look back to find the answer on which way to go, or to look for the answer in the coming horizon.

And you stand some time there unsure of what to choose afraid of making a mistake, because whenever a mistake is made, for some strange reason you get the knack for making mistakes one after the other trying to cover that one initial mistake.

Then you choose a path, in itself there is no right or wrong path, whatever you choose to do, whoever you get mold into by little events, you cannot ,with hundred percent  certainty know  what your life would have been if you have chosen  other paths.You can only speculate what it would have been like.

This is when things start going harder, as you advance in life as the crossroads will only multiply as will the speculations.It is often that you find yourself being drag into pathways you would not have chosen if the pressure had not been hard enough. We get pressurized by everything in the society in the end, maybe consciously or unconsciously, we are never totally free.

So you build a defense mechanism thinking being prepared will actually lessen your fall, it does not, a fall is a fall whether you go down screaming or in silent, the end is the same.

Try as you may to hang on to relationships to brake the rhythm, there will always be a moment in life when you will understand what is meant to feel completely alone, because one thing that you forget, is that you are you, no one else can be you, feel your pain.

Even if someone else may have gone through what you have gone through before, that person,  even with the best intentions in the world, with endless effort, will never be able to help you more than superficially.

Most of the time, consciousness of self as a single entity emerge only when a catalytic event has forced the submerged truth you have been unwilling to face to surface.

A wife finding out her husband betrayal of their vows , a husband whose wife is unable to understand his passion, a child who in the process of growing up realizing that there are some pain parents cannot heal,
a person facing drastic problems and finding that the doors he took for granted they would be opened, are close in his face, a person who get sick and lies in the hospital waiting in vain for visits,
a single woman of mature age sitting alone in her empty house, a mother who when she get old and tired found her children treating her like she was a burden...

Like it or not there is a price to pay for every actions you take, sometimes it happen immediately sometimes it happen much later in life.Yet it does not mean you should isolate yourself and live like an hermit in the forest. You need to socialize to feel alive.

 In the end the best way to live in life is to choose your own decision, to stop blaming others, circumstances for whatever happen, and walk with your goal in mind while still allowing some adjustment when the road need it.

keep constantly being aware and in contacts with those free ranging atoms circulating sporadically around you which give glimpses of crossroads where a single step can change everything...

© 2011 bluesoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very descriptive and enjoyable. It's a powerful read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thank you!:-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is too deep! I love your writing style. Keep up the great work! ~Paedams

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011
Tags: crossroad, decision, depression

Author

bluesoul
bluesoul

About
I am an 8 ft red eyed alien with green hair, who comes from the planet of pluton loking for chocolates...seriously I could be for all that you know:-) no, don`t look behind you...humanly speaking, I l.. more..

Writing