Great Expectations

Great Expectations

A Poem by Satish Verma
"

Celebrating the death. Neither physical, nor nostalgic-

"
Celebrating the death. 
Neither physical, nor nostalgic- 
I adore the finish, 
in place of wages. 

Not cerebral.It was 
my pledge to remain a husk 
after the carnage. 

In manthanal I will preserve 
the memories of hairless moon- 
my nomadic friend. 

Like a woodpecker to mark my 
territory, I want to stay 
alone in my grief. 

March and dahlias.Sometimes 
I stand before them and, 
talk about ephemerality of the beauty. 

When would you come 
to say goodbye?

© 2018 Satish Verma


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Official Dedication of The Aquaponics Project in Liberia.
Held @ D. Tweh High School, New Kru Town, Bushrod Island.

Thanks to H.E President George Mannah Weah for giving the opportunity to young student Leaders, particularly, comrade Militant Hon. Alvin C. Wesseh to serve his country through the Agricultural sector.

Today was a historic day for the people of New-kru Town, as Hon. Alvin C. Wesseh, representing Minister Mogana Flomo of the Ministry of Agriculture dedicated first of its kind "#an_Aquapoinic_Project_in_Liberia.

At the ceremony, on behalf of the Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Mogana, Hon. Wesseh reassures the government support in eliminating food insecurity by encouraging students, farmers, and the general public to engage in a more innovative way of farming.
Hon. Alvin C. Wesseh defines Aquaponics as is a revolutionary system for growing plants by fertilizing them with the waste water from fish in a sustainable closed system.

He also said it is an amazing productive way to grow organic vegetables, greens, herbs, and fruits, while providing the added benefits of fresh fish as a safe, healthy source of protein.

On a larger scale, it is a key solution to mitigating food insecurity, climate change, groundwater pollution, and the impacts of overfishing on our oceans, he said.

Thanks Hon Alvin C. Wesseh for that great speech; we as students of the University of Liberia stand with you!

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
As per me Good bye has two emotions...like sad and rude...even if a person happily bids farewell there's a sadness flying in him/her and sometimes someone's revengeful acts are a Good bye.....
The one who's being said good bye has many more terrible feelings going through...but when someone waits to be said Good bye....here I got to know what feels like!
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 9, 2018
Last Updated on June 9, 2018
Tags: Neither