The kill.

The kill.

A Story by vido.
"

A drunken toast.

"

“Hear ye, Hear the f*****g ye” she provoked bitterly with her glass held high in the milted air.  “A toast,” Her voice was hoarse and dry, elicited with liquor.  She watched eyes draw themselves near her roistering. “Stop, just stop.” She drooled, drawing her arms free, and stumbled around a table.  “Stop,” she continued. “I…I have something to say,” her words meshed together with a murmur and caught her throat with a snarl. “Im done pretending!” she cried out as defeat shone through her eyes and frequents continued to stare. “Pretending to be happy,” She continued. “Pretending to be something I’m not…cause I’m not.” She paused, whilst laughter faded into the thudded music. She held out her arms in unison. “I’m a mess… I’m just sick. I have ice in my veins and blood in my eyes and hate in my heart...” She confessed through dripping and bloodshot eyes. “I'm so sick of relationships and love and what’s not love and what’s complicated and what’s really simple and it doesn’t matter what I do and what I don’t do cause I’m alone no matter what and I cant breathe, I can't breathe, I cant stand it and he has no idea does he? that in a crowded place, my eyes will always search for him.” She paused with a choke, her baby blue’s weeping.  “And you know what’s really sick? Totally fucked in the head? I killed somebody.” her breath grew uneven and heavy, and glanced into the audience staring baffled and bewildered back at her. “I did and thanks to me it never has to see what a fucked up world we live in and it never has to be exposed to such a corrupt and vile place.” She spat in anger and distraught, “And now that it’s over everyone can pretend to care, and not truly feel and they can laugh and forget but I can’t…” she choked on the resentment escaping her petite body, “because I have to walk around with this for the rest of my life and what could have been... a baby boy with beautiful brown eyes. God, I want to move but I’m so afraid I’m just a lost cause like my aborted child, I mean, no one is gonna want this, a walking mess drenched in problems and you know what,” the room was still. “They should’ve killed me too. So drink to that.” Her entire torso shook as she raised her glass once more. ”Cause I’m done. So done.” 

© 2010 vido.


Author's Note

vido.
this is a very rough first draft. let me know what you think. :)x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fantastic piece. Its so short but its riveting!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



This is one of the best pieces I have read here in WC.
Visceral, harsh reality, exposed as it often is;
In a moment of drunken anguish and rage.
Absolutely fantastic!
Tiny stories with immense power. They are my favorites, you know....
I wouldn't modify this rough draft much, it is a nice..well not so nice... piece of Art.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow! I think that's a amazing start of a long story!
I think you should add some more of the story.
I love the story base of this story, it's a vert attractive start!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on December 19, 2010
Tags: kill, abortion, drunk, toast, hate, love

Author

vido.
vido.

Helsingborg, Sweden



About
hi, my name is louise and im lost just like you. more..

Writing
Collide. Collide.

A Poem by vido.