Drunk with the wine of my own verses

Drunk with the wine of my own verses

A Poem by sayed Mudasir Ali
"

Fifteeners

"

With your love, the entire world glistens in your glass.
Those in love with you are to be silenced by the mass.

My Lord! Make me yours too in one of your reflection.
May you forget or regret is the fate of your conviction.

The divine notions that floats from your own treasure,
Here on earth your high thoughts now sold in pleasure.

Those who loved you endlessly were crucified on the cross.
The whole universe and angels mourned on that immense loss.


What was left, black wine on the red moon in the midnight?

 

© 2013 sayed Mudasir Ali


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was in response to the challenge which I took , when I was asked to write fifteen syllable poem which almost exist from ages in Greece. So although it is a very hard write and some of my lines have reached that height and some of them stranded and have fallen from the ladder. So in short a piece to be adored and loved then to share with all of you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a lovely piece - especially due to the conditions you had to meet to construct it.
Particularly like the first line.

Posted 10 Years Ago


sayed Mudasir Ali

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for stoping by and I cant express my endless gratitude to you in words.............. read more
Amazing, especially in light of the constraints you had to write under, I love the title.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A difficult form to stay within... In college I had to experiment with many different forms (tanka, haiku, sestina, sonnet, Patrarchan sonnet, etc.), and it is not an easy thing to do...to keep the balance of emotion with the format in tact. I think you did a pretty nice job here. I enjoyed the read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


sayed Mudasir Ali

10 Years Ago

I am honoured by your comment and I appreciate your precious time to review some of my few words. Wi.. read more
Amazing Sayed, its a good piece, I like it.

With great respect,
Irenic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sayed Mudasir Ali

10 Years Ago

Your precious time is highly appreciated and thank you so much for stoping by.
This was in response to the challenge which I took , when I was asked to write fifteen syllable poem which almost exist from ages in Greece. So although it is a very hard write and some of my lines have reached that height and some of them stranded and have fallen from the ladder. So in short a piece to be adored and loved then to share with all of you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 8, 2013

Author

sayed Mudasir Ali
sayed Mudasir Ali

Srinagar, Muslim (shiite), India



About
I write poetry most of the time. Beside that I work in the agriculture reasearch company, where in I check the quality and research department. Ethnicity is Kashmir which lies between India & Pakistan.. more..

Writing