From Where I Stand

From Where I Stand

A Story by Scarlet Alice
"

"A typical story of a struggle of writer in love and an ordinary girl trying to fulfill her dreams, who found a deeper view of their own dreams and lives that they had been haunting them."

"
From Where I Stand
Ep 1. Follow him, no matter what happens.
"We are all connected by a string. A very thin string that could easily be broken and somehow can never be reconnected."
-----------------------------------------------
I sat steadily on my seat while looking out at a window. The sky was looking dark and it was getting colder. Suddenly I was awakened from my reverie when the door opened.
"You're earlier than I expected. That's good. However we have to wait a little bit if its fine with you."
I abruptly stood up and just bowed as a response. We both sat down and he grinned at me.
"It has been a long time. How long had it been?" Nevermind it doesn't matter anyway. I think he'll be coming anytime."
Taka Mori was a teacher in my junior highschool. I never had a chance to be his student but I've known him as I regard him as a friend and a father. One year before my senior highschool graduation he left the school and worked as a creative writer and eventually put up his own company, the Dreams Production Company.
We didn't talk for the next 3 minutes until someone knocked at the door.
"That must be him."Mori-san said to me.
"Please come in."
The door opened as a seemingly young man came in. He was a bit slim and wears a checkered red polo and jeans. He wore a cap and I thought he was good looking. I thought he was about between 23- 25 of age.
He walked in as if he didn't notice me so I felt shy to greet him. I looked down the floor as Mori-san spoke with a surprise.
"You're a bit late but anyway this is Mizuki Amane. I want you to teach her from now on."
I looked at Mori-san in great surprise then looked at the young man. He was looking at me with such an annoyed expression so I looked down again.
"I don't have time for this so please quit the prank Taka."
"Oi don't just call me by the name in my office. Atleast be respectful. This isn't a prank ok."
"I'm not even part of this office. I have a more important job to do."
Their conversation came to an end with the young man slamming the door as he made his way out of the office. Slowly I looked up and turned to Mori-san.
"What are you looking at? Go out and follow him." Mori-san ordered and I was getting confused.
"Eh? But he totally rejected me. Why should I follow him? "
"Come on. You know Keishin is a bit stubborn and oblivious and short-tempered. How do I say this... He can also be soft as a sundae."
I got more confused with his figure of speech.
"Eh? Sundae? Why sundae?"
"Just stop asking and follow him wherever he goes. Go now!"
His voiced was a bit louder like he was getting irritated so I went out immediately. Everyone was staring at me as I went out.
I had no idea where to go or why should I go. I went out the building in search for someone I only know by the name, Keishin.
-----------------------------------------------
Since I wasn't able to caught up, I decided to look around to find him. The streets were full of people as usual. Everyone was busy going to work and students going to school. I didn't know if I should ask around for him but suddenly I found him.
Trying to catch up with him I walked fast along with a lot of people. I realized he was too far and its impossible so I decided to call him....as loud as I could.
"KEISHIN-SAN!!!!!!! WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! "
Probably repeated that about five times until I could hardly breath. I looked down holding my knees thinking he must have not heard me but when I looked up he was in front of me. I think I smiled stupidly at that time.
"You heard me..... Mizuki Amane.... Glad to meet you."
He was obviously annoyed when he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me out of the crowd. It was like..... He kinda forced me to the side walk.
"Its shameless to shout like that. Why did you follow me?."
Up close he was indeed good-looking I thought.
"If you felt ashamed you should have just ignored me. But anyway thank you for not ignoring me. Mori-san told me to follow you wherever you go."
"What? That old man."
"I thought he was only 30 years old."
"Who cares?"
He interrupted by shouting at me.
"What kind of brain do you have to believe him? Stop following me. Just go back to the office."
"But wouldn't he be mad if I do that. I think he was already mad when I left."
"I don't care."
Again he left and this time he didn't just walk..... He runaway from me.
-----------------------------------------------
When I was in junior high I couldn't even finish a 10 m run during P.E class. It was a mystery on how to catch up with a guy who ran fast and suddenly out of sight. I wandered around the city to find atleast a place where I can eat. Suddenly I realized I left my bag in Mori-san's office. I left his office with only one thing in mind and that was to find Keishin-san. Gladly I wore comfortable shoes and jeans but that didn't really help at all. I'm not familiar with the city and I had no money to eat or to pay for a taxi to go back home or to the office.
I wandered around thinking how will I contact Mori-san. Fortunately, I still have my phone inside my pocket.
As I sat on a bench and thinking how unlucky I was I dialed Mori-san's number."
"Hello? Mori-san?"
Quickly he answered.
"Ahhhh... He is gone right?"
His answer irritated me so much and somehow forgot he was 10 years older than me.
"How can you even say that to me right now?! I followed him all morning that is all you can tell me. I haven't eaten anything and I can't go back there or go home now. I shouldn't have listen to you in the first place."
"You're unbelievably talking to me like I'm a cashier who wouldn't give a discount."
"Stop the usage of a figure of speech because its not helping. That soft sundae is actually as hard as the North Pole's Ice burg."
"Who's the one to preach.... Anyway where are you? "
"I don't know. I don't know this place but I'm in front of a large traditional looking house and it says... Takahashi.... "
"Eh? You mean near a ramen house with a colorful carps."
"Uhmmm.... Yeah I passed by it."
"That was his house. His full name is Keishin Takahashi."
"Ehhh??? Seriously??? What is your relationship with him by the way that you know his house and even the land marks?"
"Hey I'm your teacher don't talk to me with such tone. He is not there yet most probably. There is a bench there right? You can just wait for him. It's the best to do."
"Isn't it best if you just pick me up and how do you know he is not home yet?"
"That's something I can't tell. Let's just say he is a cat trying to catch a bird."
Mori-san hung up and as usual I couldn't understand what he was trying to say. I sat down the bench looking up the cloudy sky.
"It will definitely rain."

© 2015 Scarlet Alice


Author's Note

Scarlet Alice
I am an amateur potato and I only wanted to write down this story that has be in my head for more than a year now. xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
Added on February 7, 2015
Last Updated on February 7, 2015
Tags: story, romance, life, dreams

Author

Scarlet Alice
Scarlet Alice

Philippines



About
"Welcome to my Wonderland" I am your Scarlet Alice ^^ (This will be the last time I'll be changing my display name XD) I'm an anime enthusiast. I love anisongs too ヾ(*´∀`*.. more..

Writing
Deep Deep

A Poem by Scarlet Alice