The Writer Who Left Me Wondering

The Writer Who Left Me Wondering

A Poem by Maxinne Marie

 

 

Your words captivate me. Your presence makes me smile. You’re amazing.

 

But where were you when I needed you? I thought you were willing to listen to me. You said you were there for me. You even said you loved me. Now that I want to talk to you, why are you trying to avoid me? I want to know who you really are. But it seems as though you won’t let me. You’re still so silent, so mysterious, so deep… and so unpredictable.

 

Yet, I wonder why I still look for you in the crowd. I still wait for your witty messages and sweet musings. I still think about the times we used to talk and laugh about nothing.

 

I want to be near you, but even when I am, it seems as if you’re so far away.

© 2008 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes prose works wonders for the mind... both yours and others.

A nice way to capture feelings. Sometimes, prose is faster and catches it more pure and raw.

Nice work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww..........

*sniffles*

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Yes only true life can have this much passion and sorrow. I glad you shared this with us.

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.

So full of passion and heart. I like this piece. You have made it so simple in it's design and yet so complex in it's message. Very nice.

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.


Very nice poem. also very descriptive of many relationships. Although some relationships last through the greatest of shake-ups others are only great on the surface. For when push comes to shove, they lack the depth. . . . Not like this poem - it has a great deal of depth, and heart in it. Nice job!

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.

very sweet, such internal tension, such beauty of innocence, very nice writing ;)

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 6 people found this review constructive.

I'm with ya! I know how it is to care for someone only to have them crush your heart into a million pieces. Then, a little while afterwards you still look for the things you used to do with them. You miss them even though you sort of despise them at the same time. Don't worry it'll get better. :0) Nice little real work.

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.

this is sweet and sad at the same time very short but the message you send gets through..

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 6 people found this review constructive.

hey maxinne...thanks for sending this my way...its very short but yet says so much...its like a little story...cos i wanna know what happens...very good job!!!

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Did you really fall for a writer or just his words? Either way I really liked this, it was honest and very to the point. I know how it is to be captivated by words, after all that's why we're all here. :) Great Job, Maxinne.

-DawnMarie

Posted 17 Years Ago


5 of 6 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2008

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..