Writer Wednesday #8: Creepy Picture

Writer Wednesday #8: Creepy Picture

A Story by Sarah J Dhue
"

On my blog, I am doing a new 'event' called Writer Wednesdays. I post a prompt and others(including me) write something based on that prompt.

"

            I was drawn to him from the moment I laid eyes on him.  He had a gravitational pull, I literally could not stay away from him.  He was so handsome, his blonde hair slicked back, his bad-boy leather jacket over a fairly elegant red button-up shirt, the top two buttons tastefully left undone.  His piercing blue eyes stared into my very soul, the very subtle hint of a smile tugging at his thin lips.

            But it was not just his good looks that drew me in.  He had a certain presence about him, in the way he carried himself.  In the way he played with his stirrer in his blood red cocktail, one foot dangling limply from the barstool, the other resting on the support strut.

            I approached him without any real thought, my body moved of its own accord.  I remember thinking it was a smart move to wear a low cut top this evening and gaudy earrings; men liked that for some reason.  And I definitely wanted this man to like me.

            He smiled at me as I approached, “Can I buy you a drink?”  Even his voice was captivating, with a very slight Southern accent that did not make him make him sound too redneck.

            “Cosmo, on the rocks,” I smiled at him, swaying my hips.

            He lifted one eyebrow before turning to the bartender, “One Cosmo on the rocks, Jerry!”  He turned back to me, his subtle smile turning into to a straight out alluring grin, “Wanna blow this joint?”

            “Sure, but after the drink,” I walked my fingers up his shirt, resting my hand on his chest.

            “Works for me,” he slowly brought his face to mine, kissing me passionately, a little too passionately for a first kiss, but I didn’t give a damn.  I was smitten as a schoolgirl and did not want to let this guy become ‘the one who got away.’

© 2015 Sarah J Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on April 11, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2015

Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing