Writer Wednesday #12: Antagonist Fear

Writer Wednesday #12: Antagonist Fear

A Story by Sarah J Dhue
"

On my blog, I am doing a new 'event' called Writer Wednesdays. I post a prompt and others(including me) write something based on that prompt.

"

            I’m not a bad person.  I’m really not.  Ever since I was young and my dog died, I have been afraid of being left alone by those I love.  The thing about killing people is that then they can never leave you.  I know, it seems counteractive, killing those you love to avoid being left alone.  But they can’t leave.  I don’t just mean their bodies, I mean their souls too.

            It’s this house… I discovered this peculiar feature when I and my girlfriend at the time " my living girlfriend " got into a fight.  She said it was over, that she was leaving.  I wasn’t a murderer back then, so I really don’t know what her problem was.  I remember she shoved me and I shoved back… it really was an accident that first time.  And she tumbled down the stairs.  Her neck snapped, killing her pretty much instantly, which was good; I would have hated for her to succumb to a painful injury like the three broken ribs that had pierced her lungs.

            “Tina!”  I had cried out, running down the stairs to her now broken body.

            “What?”  She snapped from behind me, even though I was kneeling over her rapidly cooling body which reeked from her released bowels.

            I wheeled around to see her, standing in the doorway behind me.  “Tina?”

            “What’s the matter with you?  You look as if you’ve seen a-” she stopped in mid-sentence as she noticed her body lying at my feet, her head turned impossibly far to the right.  “You… you killed me you b*****d!”  She had then tried to leave the house, to no avail, and I realized that she couldn’t leave; she would be here, with me, forever.

            There have been many girlfriends since Tina over the years, all joining her physical remains under the dirt floor of my unfinished basement.  They are all here with me, never able to leave.  Same goes for my best friend… and the best friend that followed… and so on and so forth.  I am surrounded by those I love and I am truly fearless because I know they can never leave me.

© 2015 Sarah J Dhue


Author's Note

Sarah J Dhue
Inspired by the prompt from writerswrite.co.za (the picture attached to this story) and 'American Horror Story: Murder House'

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on May 5, 2015
Last Updated on May 5, 2015
Tags: American Horror Story, AHS, Murder House, antagonist, fear, ghosts, Writers Write

Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing