Writer's Wednesday 32: Urban Trees Picture

Writer's Wednesday 32: Urban Trees Picture

A Story by Sarah J Dhue
"

On my blog, I do an 'event' called Writer Wednesdays. I post a prompt and others(including me) write something based on that prompt.

"

     He hit the ground with a thud.  He tried to push himself up, but his shoulders and elbows ached.  A loud sound and a large being rushing past him pushed the pain to the back of his mind, his primal survival instincts kicking in as he pushed himself up, bolting for safety in the opposite direction of the beast.

     He looked around his surroundings, readjusting his satchel slung over his shoulder.  In the moonlight he could see that where the high aspen pines of his forest - his home - had stood, there were now shimmering giants towering above him.  Based on the glowing squares checkering the surface of the structures, he imagined that some magic or other fantastic power must be housed within.  Some were so tall they seemed to scrape the sky, disappearing into the clouds.

     Yes, he was certain of it now.  He had reached his destination - he future.

© 2016 Sarah J Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2016
Tags: Sarah J Dhue, Dhue, writer, Wednesday, 32, future, photo, city, trees, forest, fiction, story

Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing