The Gingerbread Monster

The Gingerbread Monster

A Story by Sarah J Dhue
"

Just something cute, a little different from my normal stuff.

"
I was the last cookie on the sheet to be decorated.  And when the baker was running short on icing, I was brought to life a little differently than the rest of my batch.
I had two green buttons and a little red mouth.  But where other gingerbread men had eyes and a nose, I had a single eye.  Thus, the other cookies said I was no 'man' - I was a gingerbread monster!  The baker tried his best to protect me.  He kept me out of the pastry cabinet and let me reside in his kitchen.  But eventually I decided that I needed to start a life of my own.
As a cookie, this would be difficult.  As well as being edible, I am quite small and have no valid forms of ID.  I didn't make it far before I pooped out and there I lay, on the edge of the sidewalk.
A human girl saw me and picked me up.  I remember hoping that she wouldn't eat me, because ya know, germs.  But she covered me in a clear lacquer and kept me as a mini sculpture.  Finally, I was liked for my oddities and not shunned by the other cookies - her figurines welcomed me with open arms, wings, and paws.~

© 2017 Sarah J Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, this is cute and I like the ending.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 11, 2017
Last Updated on January 11, 2017
Tags: Sarah J Dhue, Dhue, gingerbread, monster, cookie, cute, short, baker

Author

Sarah J Dhue
Sarah J Dhue

In the author's lair, IL



About
I am Sarah J Dhue. I am an author, as well as a photographer & graphic designer, currently going to school for web design. I've been writing since I was in elementary school. I live in Illinois. My f.. more..

Writing