What tests are done before the IVF procedure?

What tests are done before the IVF procedure?

A Story by SCI IVF Hospital
"

In-Vitro-Fertilization is a process used by people who are unable to conceive naturally or who are experiencing difficulty due to medical conditions.

"
In-Vitro-Fertilization is a process used by people who are unable to conceive naturally or who are experiencing difficulty due to medical conditions. For couples who cannot conceive naturally, IVF has become an increasingly common and safe alternative for delivery.

Before beginning any method of IVF treatment, all individuals must undergo tests to determine the cause of infertility, ensure there are no additional health problems that could interfere with treatment, and determine which fertility drugs will be required to stimulate hormone production during the process.

Female Fertility Tests before IVF treatment
1.    Pelvic ultrasound �" Transvaginal ultrasonography used by the best IVF doctor in Delhi NCR to check the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. They can collect very sharp pictures and reveal minute details since they utilize a vaginal probe rather than an abdominal probe instead.
2.    Sonohysterogram �" The procedure involves inserting a catheter into the uterus and then using ultrasonography to evaluate the uterus and uterine walls for any abnormalities.
3.    Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) �" The HSG is a technique in which a contrast dye is injected via the cervix into the uterus. At the same time, the patient is seen with fluoroscopic guidance (moving x-rays).
4.    Diagnostic Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy �" Procedures adopted by IVF facilities in Delhi to improve the surveillance of the abdomen (laparoscopy) and uterus (hysteroscopy) have shown to be effective (Hysteroscopy).
5.    Blood work �" A range of hormones are tested, including LH, FSH, thyroid hormones, androgen hormones, prolactin, estradiol (E2), and progesterone. Thrombophilia and antiphospholipid syndrome (in situations of recurrent miscarriage) are also looked for. AMH, also known as an anti-mullerian hormone, is another hormone that may be detected.
6.    Infectious testing �" To avoid the transfer of infectious agents to patients and neonates, it is necessary to conduct infectious disease tests.
7.    Tests Include: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (AIDS), Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis, Cytomegalovirus (CMV), HTLV �" Human T-Cell Lymphocyte Virus types 1 and 2, Rubella Immunity, Gonorrhea & Chlamydia, Hepatitis B surface antigen, and Hepatitis C are all caused by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).

Male Fertility Tests before IVF treatment
1.    Semen analysis �" Men's fertility assessment is the primary test utilized by the best IVF doctor in Delhi NCR to end the process of a male fertility evaluation. Although a normal sperm analysis does not ensure a pregnancy, it reduces the possibility that abnormalities cause any issues with fertilization with the sperm.
2.    Blood work �" Check your hormone levels, often FSH and testosterone, including LH, estrogen, and prolactin.
3.    Testicular biopsy �" A modest surgical technique is used to remove testicular tissue for the test.
4.    Vasography �" X-ray specific to male reproductive organs and is used to detect blockages in the organs.
5.    Infectious testing �" To avoid the transfer of infectious agents to patients and neonates, it is necessary to conduct infectious disease tests.
6.    Tests Include: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (AIDS), Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis, Cytomegalovirus (CMV), HTLV �" Human T-Cell Lymphocyte Virus types 1 and 2, Rubella Immunity, Gonorrhea & Chlamydia, Hepatitis B surface antigen, and Hepatitis C are all caused by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).

Conclusion
These are some of the most significant tests for IVF therapy, and they will be a part of the procedure that a patient will go through to determine whether IVF is the best treatment choice for them. Therefore, it is important to talk with your doctor about what tests should be performed before IVF and what is the IVF treatment cost in Delhi.

Following the test results, more IVF procedures may be necessary. However, if you want to go through with IVF, these tests will only ensure that you have the greatest possible chance of having a successful pregnancy.

© 2022 SCI IVF Hospital


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on February 20, 2022
Last Updated on February 20, 2022
Tags: ivf, ivf procedure

Author

SCI IVF Hospital
SCI IVF Hospital

New Delhi, India



About
SCI IVF Hospital led by Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour, is a brand new, state-of-the-art IVF Centre located at S 21, Greater Kailash Part 1, Near M Block Market, New Delhi started in 2009. It provides compre.. more..