X-Ray Vision Goggles Man

X-Ray Vision Goggles Man

A Screenplay by Scotty
"

When an evil villain known as Calibration is breaking a city ordinance by peeling innocent oranges, X-Ray Vision Goggles Man comes to the rescue.

"

 

Scene 1:
 
INT. Church Parlor
POV of Scotty Kardeer
Comic book style image montage with action figures and dramatic lighting.
Credit role with various shots of action figures.
 
Scotty Kardeer holds an action figure in his hand and pretends it is flying.
 
Shot of Scotty Kardeer
Scotty Kardeer continues to play with action figure. He says to himself…
Scotty Kardeer: How I wish I could be a super hero…
 
Scene 2:
 
EXT. Sidewalk outside of the Village Theater-Day
Close-up of shoulders and head
10 Years later appears on the bottom of the screen (These words fade away just before the scream)
Scotty Kardeer is walking down the street. He hears a scream.
 
Close up of left side of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man
Scotty Kardeer: A damsel is in distress, I sense danger!
 
Camera gets a full body shot from behind Scotty.
Scotty Kardeer stiffens. He leans down to the left and puts on sun glasses. He turns his back to the camera and pulls his cape out of his shirt. (clock wipe of his struggle to change, or use a swish-pan shot for fast change)
 
X-Ray POV with special vision effect.
Camera moves back and forth, focusing on the walls.
Shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles face as he searches the wall.
Scotty looks as if spotting her, then quickly looks up to see theater sign (POV or wide).
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Unbelievable…She was screaming out of excitement
Scotty walks off camera, shaking his head.
 
Scene 3:
 
EXT. Sidewalk Outside of the Village Theater-Day
Camera looks up at him from his left. (He is taking up most of the screen)
Inquisitive Girl (Laura) walks up to him and greets him with a smile.
Camera pulls back as she approaches X-Ray Vision Goggles Man. Camera rises and focuses on Laura’s face while she is talking, and X-Ray Vision Goggles Man’s face while he is talking.
Laura: Hello, X-Ray Vision Goggles Man!
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Well Hello there, Citizen!
Laura: I hope you don’t mind me asking, but how did you get your powers?
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man turns his head to the left
 
EXT. Trinity Church Dumpster-Day
Close-up of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man and the Dumpster
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man puts a pair of sunglasses on.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Whoa! Check out the shades!
 
INT. Trinity Church Staff Offices-Bright Lighting-Day
Camera is to the left of the copy room. Shot of the Doctor walking out of the copy room.
Doctor: Well, your parents put some strange polymeric chemical laced with a radio-active isotope into your eyes when you were a child - presumably they thought that what they were giving you soothing eye drops - but at any rate, with the chemical in your eyes, combined with the exact coloring and thickness of your Sunglasses, you are able to see through virtually anything. (flashback to Scotty in dumpster)
Camera angle changes several times:
Close up on the Doctor’s face for a brief moment while he is talking. Close up of Scotty’s face while the Doctor is talking (his reaction to hearing about the eye drops). We get a shot of the Doctor from the right of him while he is talking.
 
EXT. Sidewalk outside the Village Theater-Day
Close up of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man’s face.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man turns and talks to Laura.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man:Sorry, can’t tell you that.
Camera pulls back and gets a close up of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man’s face and Laura’s while he is talking to her.
 
Scene 4:
 
EXT. Sidewalk outside of Coldstone-Day
Shot of Peter
Peter Points at Calibration
Peter: Oh no! Look, he’s got an orange peeler!
Show Peter’s POV of Calibration.
 
EXT. Sidewalk outside the Village Theater-Day
Shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man and Laura
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: I’ve got to go, duty calls!
He runs off of the screen
 
 
 
EXT. Sidewalk in front of the Village Theater entrance-Day
Shot of David on the right, Caleb in the middle, and Harrison on the left. Wide, tracking, swish back or cut back to David.
David points up at the sky
David: Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird!
Caleb points at the sky
Caleb: It’s a plane!
Harrison points up at the sky
Harrison: It’s Super-Sam! 
David does something with his hand that I will show you rather than write it down.
David: No, really guys… It’s just a bird…(shot of bird)
Shot of David from behind him
David looks to his left and then double takes. He points to his left
David: But look over there! It’s X-Ray Vision Goggles Man!
We see X-Ray Vision Goggles Man talking with Peter from a POV of David
 
Scene 5:
 
EXT. Sidewalk in front of the Village Theater-Day
Shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man as he walking down street. He notices his reflection in window. Starts posing and looking at himself. Shot from inside café reveals that people are watching him.
 
EXT. Fountain by Coldstone-Day
Shot of Calibration
Calibration: Quit goofing around
 
EXT. near the fountain outside of Coldstone-Day
Shot of the side of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man from the side
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Right. Drop that orange! And that orange peeler!
Calibration: Never!
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Poor Choice…
Calibration: Bring it on!
 
The camera angle changes several times.    
We see X-Ray Vision Goggles Man from in front of him, then the side, then slightly above him as he runs at Calibration.
 
A shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man and Calibration.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man falls down in front of Calibration, and Calibration trips over X-Ray Vision Goggles Man. Calibration throws the orange and the orange peeler in the air as he falls and hits his head. Calibration is knocked out. X-Ray Vision Goggles Man is lying on the ground. He looks up, and catches the orange and the orange peeler. He stands up and walks away. Calibration opens an eye and mutters
Calibration: I’ll get you next time. (POV of Calibration)
 
Scene 6:
 
EXT. Sidewalk outside of the Village Theater-Day
Shot of The Mail Man Running after Scotty Kardeer
On the Bottom of the screen is says: 25 hours later…
The Mail Man runs after Scotty Kardeer
As the mail Man and Scotty start talking the camera moves to view first the Mail Man’s, and then Scotty’s face. 
Mail Man:Scotty! Scotty Kardeer!
Scotty: Yes, what is it?
Mail Man: Have you heard the news?
Scotty: I have not. What is it?
Mail Man: Calibration has peeled seventy-two oranges in the past twenty five hours!
Scotty: Hold that thought...!
Scotty starts running down the street
The camera moves back while Scotty ends his sentence, and then watches him run away. Mail Man stands in confusion as he tries to continue to talk with Scotty. Then in anger, the Mail Man yells…
Mail Man: But, you’ve forgot your mail!
Mail Man throws mail in the air in disgust, and walks away.
 
INT. At the front desk at church
Shot of Scotty running up to the cash register.
Scotty runs to the cash register and stops, out of breath.
Scotty: Could you please point me toward the restroom?
As the cash register person talks starts sharpening a pencil as Scotty tries to get his words out. Then, the cash register person points to her left.
Cash Register Person:Just over there
Scotty: Thank you.
Scotty walks off screen
 
INT. Outside bathrooms at church
Shot of Scotty walking into the restroom
Scotty walks into the restroom. Camera tilts up to reveal it is the women’s bathroom.
The camera looks at the restroom door for several seconds
Scotty bangs open the door, and runs across to the men’s bathroom. Several seconds later, he appears disguised as X-Ray Vision Goggles Man.
As Scotty bangs open the door, the camera angle switches to directly in front of him
 
EXT. Church Entrance
Shot of X-Ray Vision Man
Scotty walks out of the building and closes the door.
A damsel in distress runs up to X-Ray Vision Goggles Man.
Damsel in Distress: X-Ray Vision Goggles Man!There’s a guy with scissors terrorizing the town! He calls himself Scissor-Man! We need you help!
Super-Sam comes out of the shadows from behind X-Ray Vision Goggles Man. Super-Sam puts his right hand on X-Ray Vision Goggles Man’s shoulder as he starts to talk
Super-Sam: I’ll cover for you this time… I’m on it!
As Super-Sam finishes his sentence he walks off screen.
We get a shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man and the Damsel in Distress lean sideways, their eyes focused on Super-Sam.
X-Ray VisionGoggles Man and the Damsel in Distress lean sideways and watch Super-Sam run off.
Super-Sam is running, then gets hit by a car. He lies on the hood, shakes his head and says…
Super-Sam: My bad! Don’t worry; I’m still on the case!
X-Ray vision Goggles Man looks at her and nods his head. He then turns and walks away.
 
Scene 7:
 
EXT. Fountain outside of Coldstone-Day
A POV of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man, looking at Calibration standing on the fountain. The camera looks at X-Ray Vision Goggles Man while he is talking.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Calibration! You’ve peeled your last orange!
Calibration pulls an orange out of one pocket, and an orange peeler out of another.
 
Shot of Calibration
Calibration: Oh, have I?
During part of the time that Calibration peels the orange we watch X-Ray Vision Goggles Man’s reactions.
Calibration peels the orange, and then throws it at X-Ray Vision Goggles Man
Shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man
An orange hits X-Ray Vision Goggles Man in his head
Camera moves to view X-Ray Vision Goggles Man from the side
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: I see you didn’t learn your lesson the first time around. I guess we’ll have to do this the hard way!
Camera watches him runaway
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man Starts running at Calibration.
As he gets near to Calibration the camera switches to view them both from the side
Calibration throws some punches and kicks, but X-Ray Vision Goggles Man dodges all of them, and then delivers three of his own.
Some of the shots will be from the side, but others will be from a POV of both X-Ray Vision Goggles Man and Calibration
Calibration falls to the ground with a groan
POV of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man, looking at Calibration lying on the ground at his feet.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: Any last words?
Camera switches to a POV of Calibration while X-Ray Vision Goggles Man talks.
POV of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man while Calibration talks
Calibration: Goodbye!
The camera switches to view both of them from the side
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man starts a punch aimed at Calibration’s face, but in mid punch Calibration teleports. X-Ray Vision Goggles Man does not realize that Calibration is gone until he has already punched the ground where Calibration would have been. X-Ray Vision Goggles Man rises from his current position.
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: He’s escaped, for now. But I tell you this, he will be back! And when he does come back, he won’t get away again…
 
We then have the ending credits.
After the ending credits the following will appear on screen:
 
INT. Inside of either Coldstone or an unknown location-Day
Full body shot of X-Ray Vision Goggles Man
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man is standing on a chair
X-Ray Vision Goggles Man: May I have everyone’s attention please! You can get your very own FREE copy of this DVD for only THREE dollars, as you take your exit!
 
THE END

© 2008 Scotty


Author's Note

Scotty
This is the screenplay for a movie that a group of friends and I made.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on November 16, 2008
Last Updated on November 16, 2008