Three Months of Mistakes

Three Months of Mistakes

A Story by Charlotte
"

They were destined to be caught. She knew that. She wasn't that naive. But still to this day, she couldn't figure out why she did it.

"
They were destined to be caught. She knew that. She wasn't that naive. But still to this day, she couldn't figure out why she did it. Snow melted, months passed and in time the heat made them a little crazy. The craziness caused heatwaves inside of her and she was no longer making any decisions for herself. Her parents would say she was under the influence of her friends, but she knew she wasn't. She felt deranged but hid it inside. Being in denial was a trend among her colleagues. They were more like her allies. If one spoke the truth, they all faced severe consequences. Red and blue lights weren't surprising anymore, just plain disappointing. And they got good at lying, alarmingly good. She trained herself to stop thinking of it as lying, just something she had to do to protect herself. 
One o'clock in the morning has a strange atmosphere. Streets of blackness and heavy footsteps awoke animals. The moon was blurry, and so was the pavement below her. She just looked straight ahead and followed the breathless voices of her friends. She was so tired of walking. She felt sleepy and thought about lying in the grass on the side of the road and never getting up again. But she had to keep up or she'd fall behind. No one was waiting for nobody. The world was moving on without her and it was up to her to keep up. They were careless and unbothered by the dangers of what they were doing. Everyday was another risk. It was like playing the lottery. Maybe it was the rush of it all, the feeling of missing out on what could be something rewarding--if they didn't get caught. 

© 2017 Charlotte


Author's Note

Charlotte
Please let me know what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017

Author

Charlotte
Charlotte

Writing
Room 332 Room 332

A Story by Charlotte


The Dress The Dress

A Poem by Charlotte


That Night That Night

A Story by Charlotte