Angeline

Angeline

A Story by Suzanne C. Suber

Angeline

by Suzanne C. Suber

 

 

 

Exactly three years had passed since Angeline had passed away. How beautiful she had been, although her outward beauty did not even compare to what she was within.  Meaning well, family and friends encouraged John to seek another wife to call his own, for he was still young at 47 and had many years yet had of him. How sad, they felt, that he should have no one to share his life once more. Jon knew they meant well, but how could he ever find another angel in his lifetime and how could he ever regain the spirit that had escaped his very soul. With sad thoughts and a heavy heart John found himself on the veranda overlooking the moonlit patio. How could he ever forget that wonderful night when the stars were so bright that they sparkled in her raven hair. How her eyes had twinkled with glee as he took her in his arms and they danced about without music. He could not believe his tears-filled eyes as the gossamer cloud of a figure began to dance. Was his heart devising wicked schemes to render him insane? Had his sweet Angeline returned? Impossible! Who was this creature, for he surely was not dreaming? Calling out loudly into the still night air his questions were not answered, for in a puff the image quickly disappeared through the thick pine that edged the inner courtyard.

 

© 7/29/93

238 words

 

© 2008 Suzanne C. Suber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on April 30, 2008

Author

Suzanne C. Suber
Suzanne C. Suber

FL



About
Writing is my therapy, my heart reaching out. Love is the ink that runs through my veins and out my fingertips with pen in hand. It is so amazing; to have a thought, start writing, and be transport.. more..

Writing
Pepe Pepe

A Story by Suzanne C. Suber