Samhaine

Samhaine

A Poem by Sean Gorley
"

A view of the souls freed to wander on all hallows eve.

"

Silver eyes shining bright, softly glowing in the firelight.
Blazing orbs of pure desire casting back my fear as if to say, “Come dance with me. I am not afraid of the dark. Come and see who is the true master of the night“. With dancing shadows and whispery words, as for one night fearful souls slip from hell. Quiet as the musty beating of bat’s wings, they Gather around the ring of standing stones in which I stand rooted as if a stone myself. Darker grows the night and more wilder grow their screams as the moon rides higher in the night. Ranting, raving they, wreath the ring with their tortured song. As the moon reaches it’s zenith, they leap from stone top to stone top, their insane chanting reaches into the night. Fearing for my own sanity, I stand with my eyes shut tight and my hands clasped to my ears, hearing the thundering of my own heartbeat. When suddenly a hush falls over the ring. I crack my eyes to see the first rays of the sun rising over the horizon. And as the creatures of the night slip silently back from whence they came, I sigh a deep sigh of relief. The dance of the dead is over for another year and I have lived to see the sunrise. As I leave the ring smiling, I hear a soft voice whisper, “Till next year my old friend.” Death has not forgotten me. “Till next year,” I whisper and walk away.

© 2016 Sean Gorley


Author's Note

Sean Gorley
Please be kind I know my grammar and spelling may not be the best.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016
Tags: Dark, Halloween, Demons, Death, Poem

Author

Sean Gorley
Sean Gorley

Mobile, AL



About
I am a husband, a father, a wizard. I wear many hats. more..

Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Sean Gorley