Alice and the adventures of mecha

Alice and the adventures of mecha

A Story by Sean Lawless
"

A new age alice in wonderland more contemporary

"
Chapter 1

    Alice gazed dreamily out her window at a sea of filth and smog covered skies. Alice wished and hoped so hard that the world would be green like they talk in legends of old. But in Mecha it was all machinery and filth.
"Alice"! Her Uncle Ratchet yelled, "Alice get over here with the fire extinguisher now"! Alice ran quickly grabbed the fire extinguisher and dowsed the flames spewing from her uncles robotic claw machine.
"Alice what were you doing i nearly caught fire you need to get your head out of the clouds" Uncle ratchet scolded as he did daily.
"Uncle i was just thinking about the birds that Grandpa Lewis tells me about."
"Well Alice there is no place for thinking in Mecha, if you got paid to think what kinda place do you think this would be" Ratchet stated rather pompously.
"There you go you just caught your self in a paradox, you said that i shouldn't think and then told me to think about the way things would be if people think" she stated proudly arms folded.
"Well little girl i know nothing about a para socks cept' for the ones on my own two feet now quit letting your Grandfather fill your head will all this talk of birds and green grass. Hes a mad old man and nothing he says is worth a finkle. Now hand me that wrench and go on up to bed tomorrow we fine tune the robotic claw machine for the competition.
    Alice dream t that night of a golden sunlit valley. Butterflies and dragons flew from giant flowers that would make the sky scrapers of mecha grow green with envy at their height. Alice ran for what seemed like hours through strawberry fields singing joyously,
       Grandfathers right he put a wrench in Ratchets gears,
        Forever i'll stay the valley abolishes fears.
    Suddenly the sky grew dark and lightning shot down in blue shards all over the valley. All the creatures great and small disappeared even the bright sun was blotted out by dark clouds. Alice saw a hulking figure in the distance coming after her she ran and ran with all her might but the silhouette grew ever closer. She couldn't help but look back it was a her uncles robotic clock machine spliced with an alarm clock chasing after her ringing.... ringing..... ringing.....

Chapter 2
    After Alice was ripped out of her sleep by what had to be the most annoying alarm in the world she sat down for breakfast with her Grandfather. He was reading this mornings edition of Mecha Morning News transported to you by your friendly neighborhood delivery bot. He looked over at Alice staring somberly into her cereal bowl.
    "Bannana flavored cereal huh.. ya know when i was your age i actually ate real banannas." I remember once going to the sea shore before all the fuel tainted our ocean and picking ripe yellow banannas."
    "I wish i could have seen the sea blue and not the putrid purple that the fuel monopolists spilled" Alice said speaking even sadder than she looked.
    "Yea sure was a sight" her grandfather said.
    "Grandpa Lewis, did you ever feel different, ya know like you don't fit in" Alice asked.
    "Sure all the time ever since the whole mechanical revolution in the early 2000's I haven't quite been able to keep up with all the technology and what not im just losing my mind."
"    Ya i know how you feel i just feel stuck I have to help Uncle Ratchet put together these mindless machine and i wonder sometimes if some other mechanic put him together hes so mechanical in everything he thinks."
    "Thats the way people are these days Alice they do what they are supposed to just remember what i always say and you'll never be stuck."
    "What always floss my teeth and i wont have to wear dentures like you?" Alice asked puzzled.
Grandpa Lewis laughed and catching his breath he said,"No not that but flossing is of the utmost importance never forget that either. What I'm talking about though is how i always say question reality and never take anything for what it is especially if your Uncle tells you that's how it is because quite frankly i don't know how i even had a son like him he is a hard worker but that brain isn't the same that usually runs in the Carroll Family."
    At this time Uncle Ratchet came gallumping through the door in a tizzy. Dropping bolts and nuts every where "OK the robotic claw machine is ready to go lets get to the competition"

    Chapter 3
    
    The crowd clammered in the Colosseum hands clapping, audience whistling, people shouting

© 2011 Sean Lawless


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on February 1, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011