THE NAILS IN THE WALL

THE NAILS IN THE WALL

A Story by Marium Usman
"

great achievements are achieved by great sacrifices

"
Once ,there lived a boy with a very ill-disposition. He was extremely short tempered. Anger and vexation used to overcome him entirely,so much so that he could not control his actions,pitch and words.
Society shuns people with such disposition and so he became extremely unpopular among his peers and family.People and even his own siblings avoided talking to him, if they could help it.This left him lonely and unwanted.
His only companion was his grandfather.One day,his grandfather,who had been observing the situation,pointed out the boy's shortcoming.He pointed towards the wall and told him to hammer a nail in that wall every time he was overcome with anger.
After some time there came a day when the whole day passed and he found no need of hammering the nail.He became pleased with his control over his temper.He felt extremely powerful.He narrated his excitement to his grandfather who told him to pick out a nail when his whole day passed without hammering a single nail to the wall.
A day came when there remained not a single nail in the wall.Again pleased with himself,he told his grandfather of his achievement.
His grandfather smiled gravely and showed him the imperfection of the wall and said.
   "Although , there remains no nail in the wall but the marks still remains and they can never be removed.The wall can never be the same."
This shows how bitter words and harsh behavior are like nails that hurts a heart and perpetually leave a mark on it.You can try making amends,but there is nothing that can entirely cure a wounded heart.So next time you speak make sure you are not hammering a nail into the heart of the other.
GREAT ACHIEVEMENT IS USUALLY BORN OF GREAT SACRIFICE, AND IS NEVER THE RESULT OF SELFISHNESS. 
                                                                                             NAPOLEON HILLS

© 2019 Marium Usman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on January 10, 2019
Last Updated on January 10, 2019

Author

Marium Usman
Marium Usman

Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan



Writing
smile smile

A Story by Marium Usman