Top 10 Education Movies Of All Time!

Top 10 Education Movies Of All Time!

A Story by sebastianconrad3

As I was sitting and writing dissertation papers for my college class, I wondered why schools and colleges have to make education so boring for students. This sort of education doesn’t happen in the movies! As a free-lance academic writer and a college student, I am very inspired by such movies. A few of my all time favourite educational movies are listed below:


1)      The Emperor’s Club: A movie about a principled and passionate school teacher’s efforts to teach a senator’s spoilt and arrogant son which leads him to commit a mistake and learn a hard lesson that haunts him for decades.

 

2)      School of Rock: A movie filled with rock and roll and entertainment about a wanna-be rocker who poses as a substitute teacher and invents a highly unorthodox method of teaching.

 

3)      Wild Child: A fun movie about a spoilt Malibu girl whose father becomes fed-up of her antics and sends her off to a private boarding school that her mother had attended in her youth, in hopes that she might rediscover herself.

 

4)      Freedom Writers:  A movie filled with emotion about a teacher who gets a job  at a school which had recently implemented an integration program and her struggles to understand the at-risk students and teaching them tolerance and trust.

 

5)      Mona Lisa Smile: A truly classic movie about a modern, independent and free-thinking art teacher who tries to teach her conservative students to question the norms of their society.

 

6)      Cheaters: A movie about a teacher who gets a job at a underfunded school and conspires with the student to cheat and win at an academic competition.

 

7)      Dead Poets Society: A movie about a teacher at an aristocratic and conservative boarding school who inspires in his students a love of poetry and to question the status-quo.

 

8)      The Miracle Worker: A movie about the courageous Annie Sullivan, who was the teacher of the blind, deaf and dumb Helen Keller, and her struggles to teach her to communicate.

 

9)      Election: A comedy about a high school teacher whose life becomes a living hell when the time for the high school elections comes.

 

10)   Matilda: A movie about a highly gifted telekinetic girl and her struggles to deal with her obnoxious parents and principal with the help of a beloved teacher.

 

© 2013 sebastianconrad3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on June 15, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: dissertation writing, movies on education, education movie, students, academic writing

Author

sebastianconrad3
sebastianconrad3

United Kingdom