scars

scars

A Poem by victoria

Scars scatter my wrist.
Blood covers the blade.
The blade controls my mind.
The cuts split open.
My cries are ignored.
My arm throbs.
My tears fall,
my sobs are muffled.
My soul is dark and empty.
my heart is broken.
My innocence was stolen.
The life I once lived is long gone.
The little girl I once was is shattered.
I am broken.

© 2016 victoria


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Victoria,
I can really relate to this poem. I'm no stranger when it comes to self harm and I can pretty much say I felt the same exact way when I used to self mutilate due to the constant abuse I suffered when I was younger. Hang in there baby girl, it gets better.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Peace Victoria, please, broken, how can God be broken? The child is still there, be it's mother, the child is inside, be its mother, love her/him. BE HAPPY, by believing the truth about yourself.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Victoria,
I can really relate to this poem. I'm no stranger when it comes to self harm and I can pretty much say I felt the same exact way when I used to self mutilate due to the constant abuse I suffered when I was younger. Hang in there baby girl, it gets better.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Victoria, Grave images of desperate measures offering unforgiving consequences. Life can be cruel but unspeakable hardships don't have to control us forever. The mind and soul are incredibly resilient, can be healed and grow with positive nutrition. Many Blessings, Richie B.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I know this is probably not what I should text but I like to share my honest thoughts:
Writing can help people recover and also sharing experience might help but I doubt that this is healthy for you. I want to encourage you to write about something positive just for once. You have beautiful writing skills and I would enjoy your poems more if they were a little bit happier ... or a little more fictional.
P.S.: If you focus to much on pain and memories it can also intensify depressions.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very intense. So much feeling. Out of your darkness came the beauty of your writing.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

so many girls are in the same situation , but you are lucky , you have writing to share your emotions with others , I know that sound nothing but sometimes its what you need

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Victoria.

I've looked at a number of your poems, now. You have an open honesty and decent talent. It is all the more tragic, then, that you have this fixation with cutting. I know I am going to present an unpopular point of view, but search yourself and see if you don't think this is true. Self-worth. What is it? Am I more valuable than you? Are you more valuable than me? The simple answer is: No!

No one is of greater value than another. Some are luckier. Some are really unlucky. Most are in the middle. What is the difference, then? It's a pretty simple answer, but it is not necessarily so simple to accomplish. The difference is what someone makes of himself. It's what you do that matters. It doesn't matter at all what someone else does. We can talk and talk. We can jump up and down. We can suggest this and that. We can scold for this and the other thing. So what? It doesn't matter.

There is only one way up. You know what that is since you know what the direction down is. Up is in the other direction. I can't pull you up. Family can't pull you up, not if you make yourself heavy, and it is so easy to be heavy. That is the key. Start to be light. You don't have to do it all yourself in the beginning. But you need to make yourself lighter. Then others can give a lift. In the end, though, only you can lift yourself completely out of the hole. You have to be ready when the others stop holding you up. They can't forever. No one can.

Search deep. See reality. Gather your energies. You'll almost certainly find you're stronger than you think you are. It requires an attitude shift. A shift not to be heavy. This helps others lift you up, but more importantly it is the first step in lifting yourself up.

I hope you can do it. Others can talk about it. No one but you can really do it.

All my very best wishes, especially since you have demonstrated such a clear vision and a power of writing. Apply this same vision and power in the rest of your life and lift yourself up.

All my very best. I know this is not an easy task, so small steps first.

High marks on the poem, by the way!

Rick

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful writing skills. keep up the good work! :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this and noticed it reads just as well backwards as forward. Great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Its beautiful. Tragic, But beautiful.
I think the part of the poem that affected me the most would have to be
"The life I once lived is long gone.
The little girl I once was is shattered.
I am broken"


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 24, 2015
Last Updated on November 9, 2016

Author

victoria
victoria

dalmeny, Canada



About
i love writing poemsand stories i love reading!!! more..

Writing
Him Him

A Poem by victoria


Heart break Heart break

A Poem by victoria


Jealousy Jealousy

A Poem by victoria



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


why why

A Poem by victoria


Electricity Electricity

A Chapter by TL Boehm


Falling Falling

A Story by Samuel Dickens