Allies in Alleyways

Allies in Alleyways

A Story by SophiaKathleen

I think my heart’s too hurt to walk these streets with company. I think I’d better wander alone. Those things lurking in the alley way don’t haunt me the way they do, you. They’re almost good company for me. And I have little left to say aloud. Few words left to let slip out. And yet I am loud; chasing my inadequacies with gesticulation, and hoping it goes unnoticed. And it does. You mistake my conciseness for brusque. You take my distractions as stories. But I am nothing; just a charade of sin walking in human clothes.. But I don’t walk  the path well. I can’t fake this animal perfectly enough, but my inaccuracy is brushed off as elusive and strange. I can’t say I am not, for this skin no longer feels right and I wish I could rub it off or down to fine smoothness with sand paper. Strip away the years of damage and walk free of impurities. But I am made of them now, they have crept deeper and deeper and eaten away at any semblance of sanctity. Now I am the disease I no longer have. Now I only infect others with my presence. And sickly, sometimes that’s all I wish was left of me: scars and stains on the hearts of people that never loved me.

© 2014 SophiaKathleen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: dark

Author

SophiaKathleen
SophiaKathleen

Manalapan, NJ



About
I'm an archaeologist in the making, with far too many opinions, and far too little free time. I've written my whole life, and dictated stories to my parents before I could write them myself. My mind i.. more..

Writing
Roots Roots

A Story by SophiaKathleen