Trip to London

Trip to London

A Story by Ginny Woods
"

Sometimes, you have to do something crazy, something adventurous, to gain energy for the daily living.

"


It was a warm, sunny day as Demetria opened her eyes. The light-orange sun rays shined through her wide-opened window, right onto her sun-warmed face. A bright smile appeared on her lips as she slowly unfolded her soft blanket and got out of her well-loved bed as she suddenly noticed a tiny note on her bedside-table which was written in a very smooth, squiggly handwriting: “Let’s meet at Westminster Bridge. London, United Kingdom.” Demi bite down on her lower lip gently, observing the well-known handwriting once more. Flatmate Tracy’s, obviously. Demi shook her head. “Tiny, crazy, adorable weirdo,” she thought, placing the note on her fluffy pillow before she started to pack her things for a very unexpected journey into the unknown.


Her flight lasted three hours before she was able to feel the ground under both of her feet again. With only a tiny bag in her hand and a warm smile on her lips, she started making her way to the appointed meeting place at Westminster Bridge. Demetria was amazed by all the beautiful houses, happy faces and positive spirit London City spread out.


Soon she arrived at the Bridge, looking down, observing her reflection in the flowing water as she suddenly felt two arms wrapping around her waist and a soft voice whispering “Hello, my favourite lady,” into her ear. Demi quickly turned around to face the young, pretty lady, her best friend Tracy. She smiled brightly at her, falling into a tight, loving hug as she replied: “Tracy, my dear! You genius. I missed you this morning.” Demi winked playfully over to Tracy after hugging her. Miss Tracy Storm nodded into her friend’s direction, wearing a big, bright grin on her lips while holding two plates of delicious-looking waffles in her hands. “For us, honey. May the beauty of London always amaze you!”

© 2014 Ginny Woods


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the imagery, loved reading it.
Was perfect in every way in my opinion. Would really like to read more of this kind of stuff :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ginny Woods

9 Years Ago

I will keep working on it. Thank you for sharing your opinion. That was really nice of you.
Be.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 11, 2014
Last Updated on December 11, 2014
Tags: story, short story, london, uk, united kingdom, little things, adventure, positive vibes, freedom, friendship, friends, best friends, happiness, love

Author

Ginny Woods
Ginny Woods

Germany



About
Just a little girl who's in love with Autumn, Harry Potter and Foxes. more..

Writing
To Him To Him

A Poem by Ginny Woods





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5