Time from HIV infection to development of AIDS

Time from HIV infection to development of AIDS

A Story by selinajackson
"

Many people discover that they are infected with HIV when consult a doctor because of a disease that is actually an AIDS-related condition.

"
Many people discover that they are infected with HIV when consult a doctor because of a disease that is actually an AIDS-related condition. 

Studies show that the average time from HIV infection to development of AIDS-related diseases is approximately.
 10 years also show wide differences: about 10% of HIV-infected people progress to AIDS two to three years after infection, whereas 5% to 10% of the individuals had stable numbers of CD4 cells and no symptoms even after 12 years or more.

AIDS: How is it transmitted?
HIV - Human Immunodeficiency Virus - is the virus that causes AIDS. The main route of HIV transmission is represented by body fluids. Virus concentration varies with the type of fluid. 
Those are particularly infectious blood, semen and crevice vaginal secretions. HIV was detected in the saliva of infected individuals, although there is no evidence that the virus will spread through contact with saliva. 

There is no scientific evidence that HIV is spread through sweat, tears, urine or feces or through casual contact such as sharing crockery and cutlery, bed linen and towels, swimming pools, telephones, or toilet seats. 
Nor is there evidence of transmission through insects, such as mosquitoes or bedbugs.

Prevention is important
There are certain high-risk behaviors that should be avoided, such as:
Sharing needles or syringes used for administration of illicit drugs 


hello this is Selina Jackson..i am health advisor.i will tell you about Latest health news  ... !!! If you want more information about Health click here…
health -have been flooding the Internet and reveals about this workout and  that claims to teach and all the important stuff  . If you want to look smart visit  - specially for women's



© 2013 selinajackson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on December 24, 2013
Last Updated on December 24, 2013

Author

selinajackson
selinajackson

alsaka , AK



About
hello this is Selina Jackson..i am health advisor.i will tell you about Latest health news ... !!! If you want more information about Health click here….Latest health -have been flooding the I.. more..

Writing