EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

A Story by senior2011

Taylor has had a very difficult life since she was 3 years old.  She was diagnosed with lukemia at age 3.  The doctor said she would live past age 4.  Taylor is 16 years old and thats an example of god working.  Cate didnt want anything to do with god.  There was a knock on my bedroom door,  
"Who is it?" i asked. 
"Taylor" She said. 
"Come in,"  Tate came in and sat on my bed where i had all my books scattered over the floor. 
"Whats up?"   
"Meghen, why do bad things happen to good people,"  I stopped and looked at her.  He eyes filled with tears.
 "Well god, has a reason for everything happening.  Taylor, he has a plan for you and he wont let you go until you have finished what he has planned."
 "Meghen, i dont want to hear it,"  I reached out and hugged her and whispered 
"I'm sorry." 
"Taylor, why dont you come to church with me on sunday," 
"No you know how i feel about church right now," 
 "Okay, if you change your mind let me know," 
"Trust me, I wont"  she said as she got up and headed to the door.    I heard the car door, so i hurried up and got down stairs to greet my six years meredith and 2 year old brother Isaiah.  The door swung open and meredith came through the door head on, ran to me and jumped on my lap. 
"I MIssed you Meggy," She said.  "Missed you too, how was school?" 
"Great i got the lead in the kindergarten school play,"
 "Thats fabulous, hey why dont you go give tate a hug,"
 "Okay," She said as she hopped down. 
"Sissy, I want a hug,"   Taylor was reading a book.  Taylor reached down and picked her up and gave her the biggest hug she ever gave her.
 'Meredith, i want you to know that no matter what happens i will always be here for you and i will always be your sister.  I love you Meredith,"   
"I love you too sissy, but whats going on?  is everything okay?"   Meredith didnt understand what lukemia was.  She didnt know cate was dying  soon. 
"Nothing is wrong sweetie,"  Everything will be fine," 
"Okay,"  meredith said and jumped and ran to play.  Tate was left alone in the family room crying.  She was scared to death of dying.  I started to say a little prayer for her. 
"Dearest heavenley father, please be with my sister Taylor as she struggles with lukemia.  She is a very sweet girl  and if you took her so young she would never be able to hug us again.  Please lord, wash over her and make her feel comforted.  In the lords heavenley name, Amen,"  as i started down the stairs i heard something. 
"Savior He can move the mountain.  my god is mighty to save, he is mighty to save.  Forever author of salvation. he rose and conquered the grave jesus conquered the grave.,"  I turned around.  It was Taylor singing.  But not just singing, it was an angelic singing. 
"Taylor Alicia Lorraine, Why didnt you tell me you could sing?" 
"Because i didnt want any one to know," 
"Why Tate?  you have a beautiful voice.  If god didnt want you to sing, then he would have never gifted you with that voice,"  "  Meghen again with the god stuff," 
 "Taylor, you are going to have to accept the fact that things happn for a reason.  He gave you a voice that would easily make you win american idol.  Tate, he has blessed you in so many ways.  I have seen some of your poetry.  Its amazing,"

Tate sat there letting every word i just said sink in.

"But i dont know how to start"

"Just leave that to me" i said with a grin

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see, what i need you to do is pick a song and practice it."

'Umm, Okay,"

I walked out of the room and  and pulled out my cellphone and dialed 740-504-0252.

"Hello, Reverand Tim speaking," said a voice on the other side.

"Hey, Reverand Tim, This is Meghen Henderson, I was hoping to talk to you for a moment."

"Of course dear child, whats on your mine?"

"Well its my sster Taylor,"

"Go on,"

"Well, Tate has leukemia and wont accept the fact that she is dying.  She is very talented and needs help to share her voice.  I know this is short notice but can you fit her into this weeks church service?"

""Yes i might be able to do that, What dont is she singing?"

"Ummm, I think "Mighty to save,"

"Okay fabulous, we will see her sunday morning.  Come a little early so i can meet her,"

"Thank you Reverand,"

"My Pleasure,"

I walked back to the family room.

"Tate, i got you a singing thing set up for you,"

"Really?! Oh thank you thank you Meghen,"

She jumped up and gave me a big hug.

"You're very welcome,"

"Meghen?"

"Yes, Tater bug?"

"I want to go to church with you on sunday,"

"Good because that is where you are singing this week, we have to go early so you can meet reverand tim," 

Tate hugged me before she went to bed.

For the first time since she was little Taylor prayed.

"Dear lord, i know i havent been as faithful as you wanted me and i ask youir forgiveness and come into my heart and make it clean again.  Thank yoiu lord for giving me the opportunity to share my voice with others.  I will worship and praise your name.  I just give my life to you lord.  Thank you dear lord.  Amen,"

It is sunday morning.

"Wakey Wakey Tater tot,"

"I'm up," She said coming out of the bathroom.

"taylor walked out of the bathroom.  Her beautiful brunette hair was tightly pulled back in a french braid.  She was wearing a beautiful black and pink sleeveless dress.  She looked beautiful.

"How do i look?"
"You look amazing, ready to go?"

"Yes," She said with a smile.  We walked to the car and got in and left for jesus christ united methodist church. 

"You okay Tate?"

"Yes im just trying to remember the song,"

"Okay," I grabbed her  hand, "You will do great,"

We pulled in at 8:o5am to meet Reverand Tim.

"Well good morning Miss Meghen,"

"good morning," I said.
"And who is this?"

"This is my younger sister Taylor,"

'Nice to meet you Taylor.  I hear a lot about you ever week.  You are very brave and very important to your sister,"

Tate reached out to shake his hand. 

"I know,"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes Sir,"

"Shall we go in?"

"Of course," I said.

We found our sears and the service was about to begin. 

"Good morning dear friends.  Before we begin i would like to introduce you to Taylor Henderson.  Taylor Will you come you come up here?"

I looked at her and said go on.

"Taylor has been struggling with leukemia since she was thee and was not supposed to live past age four.  Well here she it.  She is 16 years old and is a walking miracle of God.  We will hear her minister to us later this morning."

Reverand Tim minister as always

"Taylor come on up,"

Tate walked up.  She took the microphone.  She started singing and i stared at her in amazment.  Finally the song  came to an end.

"Saviour he can move the mountain my god is mighty to save he is mighty to save forever author of salvation..he rose and conqered the grave jesus conquered the grave"

even though it was church, we gave her a standing ovastion because it takes courage to get up in front of people and sing.

That night after church, Taylor was rushed to the Hospital because of a fever of 104.3.

We got to the hospital and we just prayed.

"Lord, Please dont take her.  She is a wonderful girl.  Please, we love her.  She means to much to us.  Please, no god, Amen,"

i busted down crying my eyes out by her bedside.  I saw a light start glowing from Tate.  I look up and her fever was gone.  God was not ready to take her.  Taylor came home the next week.  She was fine as if nothing happened.

Taylor Died at the age of 32.  She left behind a husband Alex Tomlin of 16 years and three small children Alicia or Ali as every calls her, 7, Caden, 5, and Makennah, 2.

"Taylor Henderson-Tomlin, Loving daughter, sister, wife, and mother.  She will be forever missed and will always remain a part of our hearts.  We love and miss you so much Taylor," Said the preacher.

"Now a song fron Cate's eldest daughter Ali,"
Ali walked up to the front and began.

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.  I once was lost but now im found was blind but now i see,"

"We were all blind at one time in our lives.  Taylor surely loved to sing and touched the lives of others with her voice.  We all know Ali got her voice from her mother.  We know she is with jesus now and is safe.  She is in a better place and she will not be sick anymore.  But she will remain in our hearts forever and always,"

© 2011 senior2011


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on May 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011

Author

senior2011
senior2011

Mount Vernon, OH



About
im 17 and 18 in 3 months:) i love to sing and write poetry and short stories:) im in track, band, choir, drama club, musicals, and spanish club. in my free time i like to talk with my best friend sar.. more..

Writing
UNTILED=) UNTILED=)

A Poem by senior2011