Stand Up For You!

Stand Up For You!

A Story by Seraph

Hello everyone, this story,advice type of writing that you are reading now is called Confidence and its basically about fulfilling your dreams and having confidence to do it. 
Let me share with you the views of everyone in my life, well almost everyone. I want to become a graphics artist, a writer, a fashion designer and maybe an artist or something along the lines or drawing. Yea I don't want one job, I want multiple, I want to be able to do things I love doing for my own happiness and amusement. But persons in my family and my.............well....life don't believe I can do any of these things. The country that I live in, well, you cannot earn much from doing these things here and that's what has my fellow mates so fussed up. My parents do not believe I even possess the skills to do anything I desire, they believe this is that phase in life where you pick something you fancy and you'll dwell on it for some time then drop it. 
NO! 
 
This is not that time in my life, I am going to be 17 and I am all sorts of sure about this stuff. I don't care much of who believes it cannot happen or it will never make enough for you, or 'its not your cup of tea' but what I do care about is my family not believing that I have such potential and a mind to hold all this together. They see it as a hobby. 
Well I tell you now, this is not a hobby, these are my dreams, my writings, every word I put on paper, every emotion that flows through them are my passion and it goes for my artistic designs as well. You cannot be related to me by blood and living under the same roof then deny that I hold no skill of this when you never, NEVER, bothered to even ask. You cannot insult me when you never even tried knowing what my passion is, what my calling is in life. Have you considered that maybe....just maybe I can do it? Have you considered that even a million people try and fail that I can be the victorious one? 
We are all born with some skill and it takes time to perfect them. The time it takes to perfect them is the time of our lives, its the time we get to show how hard we can work and how much work we can put into the passion we hold for whatever we love. I may not be as good as Shakespeare but I am unique in my work and this is not justified by my words alone. If I am told that I am good at something from not just one but more than 2 people I will try to perfect this new found gift and I won't stop until I am at least halfway up the lines. 
I know all parents want their children to be in the path of good and healthy lives, but why should we rely on your every decision? Should we not have minds of our own? Should we not take the first step into the our own lives and out from behind you shadow? You may not see us as grown or mature, yea I admit we're still struggling, but we have minds and strongholds on decisions about ourselves, if we put our minds to it we can achieve it and we won't stop until we have. You need to trust and believe that when you let go of our hands we won't fall and if we do, we will pick ourselves back up and show you that we're standing tall. All we want is to make you proud, no child by your own blood or upbringing will want to put you to shame intentionally. 
Friends of my age, older and even younger let me tell you this, if you and God are the only ones who believe you can do it then keep on believing and just strive to show everyone including those very very close to you that you do not stand on empty words and hopeless dreams. You stand on that mountain beyond the clouds, you see the bigger picture for you and your life. Do not stay in the dark and hide those gifts that you were born with or even developed. If you want to become a doctor and you hate blood that doesn't mean you cannot become a doctor, one fear does not decide your entire fate. If your parents want you to become a business man/woman and you want to dance whatever styles of dancing and even teach it then you should believe that you can do it and try your utmost best to do it. No one at all should ever stand in your way of becoming something you have been dreaming about all your life or even half your life.
I am not instigating you against your parents well wishes but I am just trying to put that confidence into all those who hide in the dark, who are scared to tell their parents "no this is not what I want to do" or those who have voiced their opinions but get no positive feedback and are still forced or pressurized to do something they don't want to. They say parents know best, I say that yes they do but weren't they children and teenagers too? Didn't they ever feel the need to stop everything and just do what they want? Didn't they feel the need to pick themselves up out of the shadows and put themselves in that happy spot on the stage? I think some parents forgot what its like to crave freedom and crave control of their lives, I think some of them forgot to dream and live their dream. I know there are many out there who allow you to follow your heart and mind and then there are some who don't.
If you do not stand for yourself, who is going to stand for you? So stand up and show everyone that you can do it, whatever it is, whatever it may be, whatever they say is "too extreme" and impossible. Let them know that you change impossible to I'm possible, It means your life, you as a person is possible and can achieve anything that you want.

© 2015 Seraph


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015

Author

Seraph
Seraph

Guyana



About
I'm quiet, kind and mysterious. I'll be a great friend if you are to me more..

Writing
Masked Masked

A Poem by Seraph


Plug Me In Plug Me In

A Poem by Seraph


Necrophiliac Necrophiliac

A Poem by Seraph