Ours.

Ours.

A Poem by -S.

I like the way you smile at me when there is no one else around.
I like the way you search my eyes with yours, trying to figure out the truth.
I like how your nose crinkles when you laugh out loud.
I like that you are always early while I am always running late.
I like that you get so wrapped up in your work although it drives me crazy at times. 
I like the little hesitation every time before you touch me... As if you were wondering whether you're allowed to.
I like how your eyes follow me when I walk away. 
I like that you don't realise that I notice all these things about you. 
I like that you are independent. That you don't need me or anyone else.
I like that you keep trying to get me to change my habits although I constantly make fun of you for it. 
I like that you are confident.
I like the fact that I am not in love with you. 
I like being on the ground with you instead of Cloud Nine.
I like that we disappoint each other.
I like that we go for days without contact.
I like how we still haven't quite figured out how to talk to each other.
I like that I don't understand you. 
I like that you walk away from me when you have other things on your mind.
I like that we are still playing the game even though I curse it every day.
I like that you still smoke in front of me when you know that I absolutely hate it. 
I like that you never send me a goodnight text. 
I like that you never give me compliments because I wouldn't believe them anyway.
I like that you never offer me your jacket because you are the one who is always cold. 
I like that you only see me as the person I want you to see and never dig further.
I like that we disagree in every discussion.
I like that we constantly seem to be running in opposite directions.
I like that everyone says we are impossible.
I like how every time we seem to get ahead we take two steps back.
I like how all these things make us the people that we are. Individual you. Individual me.
I like how there is no 'us'. That we are in this together but at the same time couldn't be further apart.
I like how this is our way of dealing with it. Your way. My way. 
Incidentally they look the same. But they are still separate ways running in parallel circles. 

© 2016 -S.


Author's Note

-S.
Just a random assembly of snippets that might be put into something bigger (and more organised)...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on March 28, 2016
Last Updated on March 28, 2016

Author

-S.
-S.

Switzerland



Writing
Catch Me Catch Me

A Poem by -S.


Linger Linger

A Poem by -S.