The Light

The Light

A Story by Once Loved Now Lost
"

Had to write a story and incorporate Shakespeare into it.

"

The darkness of the night engulfs me. It is not full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. It is but mere silence, signifying a vast emptiness. I have not slept a wink since I can remember. I close my eyes in the silence and try to find the light. All I can see and think about is you. The course of true love never did run smooth. I think this is why you are always there. Suddenly, at that moment, I realize that the light I had been searching for is you. I could spend forever and a day describing your beauty. The brightness of your eyes shows me a lost world, where I wish to escape to. The amazement in your smile gives me the sense of warmth and comfort, and tells me that everything will be okay. As I sit there with my eyes closed, I feel that the darkness is descending. All my troubles, and all my pain coincide with the retreating emptiness. As I open my eyes, I feel a burning sensation. With a little more effort I gain focus and see you standing before me. I blink in disbelief for I know that love is blind, but it actually is you.

I wear my heart upon my sleeves as I take your hand with a smile. You lead me to the world that I saw in your eyes. I look around, and there is no one else there except the two of us. It’s the perfect world, just you and me. With our hands holding one another’s we have not a care in the world. It is just the two of us holding each other, until the end of our story.

            Without a word said you disappear, parting with such sweet sorrow. The darkness engulfs me once again. I manage to come upon a corner in which I lie and try to escape it. I can no longer hear your voice. The torment of the screaming in my head makes me go mad. Out of the jaws of death I just think, “Were you even real?” “Did you really leave and hurt me so?” Your leaving is but Greek to me. With an immaculate amount of effort, I stumble to my feet and walk farther into the night, trying to find a way out. I think of you and keep you in my heart. That is where you will stay until we are together once again. At a time when we go back into the light, and the world of us. Death, a necessary end will come, but only time. Thus, it must wait. When it finally comes, I want you in my arms until the end, when we find the light once again. 

© 2012 Once Loved Now Lost


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is such a beautiful story!I love your writing style.It is easy to read and words just flow from one to another.Great job I must say! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on January 12, 2012