Only if... (Story)

Only if... (Story)

A Story by Mr.Writer
"

A short story...

"
Just you and I, holding hands while walking down the alley. We don't say anything to each other, just walk
But I wanted you to speak Henry. Pour out all the feelings you had for me, so I could do so as well before... never mind...
You were the one who always had my back when no one else did. You were the one who always talked to me when no else did. And you were the one who accepted me for who I was, a Jew, even though you were also one. I finally picked up the courage to ask you how you thought about me.
You said "As sweet as chocolate and as beautiful as a flower"
"Anything else..." I asked.  
But you didn't answer, just let go of my hand and ran away. I ran after you, following you as you went in your house and shut the door.
Tears fell down my face, as I banged on the door. What could I have possibly said to make you go away?
"I'm sorry Henry... please open the door."
But you didn't.  

Next day, my parents were dragged out of the house by Nazi soldiers and taken away to a concentration camp. 
And I couldn't do anything to stop it. I just silently cried and went to your house to share my sorrows.
The door of your house was left open. I slowly walked in and saw no one. 
"Henry! Mrs.Jeffrey! My parents were taken away! Please, where are you? Hello! " No reply. 
All over in chalk was written...
"My parents were taken away..."
I broke into sobs as I saw a hanged body. I fell down, screaming as loud as a booming cannon. It was your body, Henry

© 2017 Mr.Writer


Author's Note

Mr.Writer
Any feedback?
Did you like it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
That is so sad
What happened to the Jewish community back then was utter rubbish. I visited Germany and everyone thought me to be Jewish. My response was simple it doesn't take a humane person a religion to realize any form of unfairness.

Really well done

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Ohh man!!.that's a tragedical end, and connection was apt here vetween characters...
I liked it Shaan..:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mr.Writer

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Surya! :)


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2017
Last Updated on April 27, 2017

Author

Mr.Writer
Mr.Writer

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
First of all... I love to write! It has always been my passion to write since... last year! :D I can easily pour my emotions in writing without telling them to anyone. I love to review people's work.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..