Lost

Lost

A Poem by William heath

Have you ever felt lost? Not lost like, “do you know the exit to rout 7”.  I’m talking about being lost in your own life. The moment when you wake up, look in the mirror and realize you’re not what you wanted to be a year ago, or even five years ago, or perhaps you don’t even see what you use to be. Perhaps you can’t even begin to remember where you wanted to be. You’ve accomplished things, but nothing you would brag about. You’re alive, and mostly a healthy person, but you’ve simply lost the person your family loved so much, the man or woman your mate fell madly in love with, the lively spontaneous person you once were. And now you feel like you’ll never be there again, you just keep on wishing you could go back and find what it was inside you that filled you with all that joy. But now you just wait, wait for something to bring you back, looking for something to replace those sorrows.

© 2015 William heath


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015

Author

William heath
William heath

Granite Falls , NC



About
Well I've only really been writing for a few years now but I've really been getting into the swing of it lately. I really would like to turn my writing into a career one day but I figured that putti.. more..

Writing