Up in the smoke

Up in the smoke

A Story by shahelhamidrowther
"

A Teenager's filtration with smoking and the

"
                         ''. . .  . Level 9 . ... ! ", the automated female voice went letting Abhi know that he was on the right floor. He sluggishly stepped out of the lift and stared at the bleak grey walls of the derelict lift lobby. A stale puddle of urine in the corner let its presence be known as Abhi wrinkled his nose at the putrid stench of ammonia."The sort of s**t that i have to go through, for a pack of smokes!", He muttered to himself. It was a poorly lit corridor and much of the way was blocked by clutter and furniture whose owners hadn't the heart to discard. Slowly and Cautiously he made his way along the corridor careful to avoid knocking over any of the beloved possessions of the residents. To his his rear he could hear, screams and brawls each seemingly from a different tongue reminding him of the presence of illegal immigrants in these blocks.Nonetheless Abhi was steadfast in his desire to quench his yearning for nicotine and soldiered on ignoring the noise in the background.He arrived at the Unit and observed that it was locked. The afternoon was humid and given his nature his school uniform was beginning to feel more damp. The old man usually had his house open at this time of the day and it would've only been closed if there was a police raid or a patrol. Having come so far in search of contraband cigarettes he refused to concede defeat. Abhi utilized his 6'3'' frame and peered over the rusty window of the old man's apartment. Only to see . . . 


TBC             

© 2014 shahelhamidrowther


Author's Note

shahelhamidrowther
I decided to leave it a sort of a cliffhanger . . . why not suggest what abhi could've seen . . . ? ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on December 16, 2014
Last Updated on December 16, 2014
Tags: teenagers, smoking, mystery, thriller, youth, thrills, illegal

Author

shahelhamidrowther
shahelhamidrowther

singapore , singapore , Singapore



About
i guess i like to write more..