The Art PT.2

The Art PT.2

A Story by ShaneBerry
"

imagination

"

 Never underestimate the power of the human imagination, although I am atheist and do not believe in god or magic, I know the power of the human imagination, with it we can be transported to alternate world were history is entirely different, or we can go down the street to see what is happening at your girlfriends house without leaving your chair.

        Imagination is the key to life’s great pleasures. Think of this, a man once dreamed of flying through the air freely, he and his brother teamed up and created the first airplane, another man envisioned the human race flying all the way to the moon, a feat that was once thought as a fairy tale, and it was soon realized by the human race.
        Another man dreamt of swimming to the bottom of the ocean, another wanted to climb the highest mountain. It was all a dream, an imaginary feat at one time. Look at the world today and realize that it is ran by the human imagination, and it all started simply by something like this,
        “I wonder what is on the other side of that forest.”
Or
        “I wonder how far and how long it will take for me to find snow in the summer.”
These are thoughts, thoughts that even animals have, and even animals can envision their answer to those thoughts,
        “maybe there is a herd of deer for me to munch on”
Or
        “probrobly a few nights and days, and it will be far away from the pack”
 
 
These are simple imaginings, but they are imagination, and it is our most vital and needed tool, if we stop using our imagination then we have no hope for our future and we have no hope for advancement.

© 2009 ShaneBerry


Author's Note

ShaneBerry
random i know but its just a thought

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for Dante. He allow all writers to dream and create myth. Without the writers of the past. What would we have to think and dream about. Imagination is the last freedom we must protect. Thank you for the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is nothing the imagination cannot do.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I absolutely agree with everything in this passage.
:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This part has very good idea in it. Love the choices you put into words. Great work. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Once again I agree.

Posted 12 Years Ago


*where
*of as a fairy tail
*run
(if animals have it than its not HUMAN imagination, just imagination...)

Some more interesting musings though. You have a very good way of looking at the world

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fun....many inventions created with our fantasy outlets and our imagination
Fun read Shane

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree, the human imagination is one of eveoltions truly great feats, it has taken human kind to the top of the heap and leads us into the unknown with open hearts, equally however it leads us into our own misery and untold horror. That is the one great flaw, imagination, although creates perfection, it creats in equal measure sorrow, well penned, a great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


But it's a good thought. lol I liked it

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2009
Last Updated on August 7, 2009

Author

ShaneBerry
ShaneBerry

denton, TX



About
My Chemical Romance “The Ghost of You” Name: Shane Douglas Berry Age: Born on 8/4/1992 Hair color: Brown Eye color: Green Skin color: White, Freckled Tattoos: Oroborus (red, center.. more..

Writing
Original Original

A Poem by ShaneBerry



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..