One Day

One Day

A Story by Shane Patrick C.

He sat, few feet from the water’s edge. His back resting comfortably at the curvature base of a tree that shaded him and the ripples below.  Perched on a rooted bluff, created by long summer’s rain that run off into a receding embankment. His mind sank deeply into thought; the wind carried the sun bronzed hair across his face. Laughter in the distance, a small bird hopping for food a few yards from reach, he began to conjure philosophy.

 A familiar feeling the night before, a notion that the future held greatness. His future that is, and those who blessed him with their presence, he intended to touch the hearts of others, to remind them of an everlasting outlook on a world filled with problems. His mission simple yet powerful, an example to show that the days to come, will hold only what joy created from them. Spending long hours with cohorts of the heart, to still carry light through the death and birth of the day; the sort of experience that instantly turns memory.

The thoughts overwhelmed him and his daze was abruptly ended by day’s beauty. His eyes stalked the movement of the breeze carrying ripples across a rocky shoreline. He traced the outline of the lake and the green soft rolling hills that blanketed the coat. This summer spring, generated more memories than he had time to count. In attempt to focus, he brought the text back to his eyes and a flurry stirred as the chapter ended “…master of his own destiny.” A small smile crept its way across his face.

 

© 2009 Shane Patrick C.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on August 4, 2009
Last Updated on August 4, 2009

Author

Shane Patrick C.
Shane Patrick C.

MA



About
I'm 24. Recovering drug addict. Going to school for music production. I write cause I enjoy it and it helps sometimes. Its more for me than anyone else. But I've been told that I should get my work ou.. more..

Writing