Recollection

Recollection

A Story by shardsofFrance

     One minute I was awake, and the next I spent asleep.  I stood on your porch.  It was a long creaking one in mint condition .  The white paint was scrubbed away revealing the wood's original color.  The house was clean, modern, and one-story.  The walls were made of delicate windows with the shiny steel frames.  The homely porch did not match the fancy house.  There came no answer when I knocked on the door. Who's house was I even knockig at anyway?  I turned around and leaned against the house and slid to a sitting position.  The rain poured out of the ominous gray clouds and doused the forest in front of me.  That forest.  I knew exactly where I was.  In the neighborhood next to mine.  Where were all the houses?  Whatever.  I opened the door and entered.  There weren't any lights on and the house was as grey as the clouds.  The walls were an eggshell color and there was a tall house plant and a framed picture of that very housplant next to it.  I turned the corner and there was a blue-grey couch.  There was a matching fleece blanket draped over a lump that jutted out.  I pulled the blanket off a few inches and I saw your face.  Fair skin dark longish hair and...that was odd.  Two stereotypical vampire teeth coming out from under your upper lip.

     "Des."  I whispered your name.  How I knew it was a mystery to me.  I just knew exactly whatt to say.

     Your rootbeer brown eyes opened and you gave me a soft look and a sleepy smile.  I climbed under the blanket onto the matress-like couch with you and we sat there for a while staring out at the rain.  We talked, but no sound came out of our mouths.  I knew what we were saying and I felt like I had known you forever.  We sat there for hours just talking mutely until the rain stopped.  Outside looked like the rain had neer come.  Yet, the inside of the house looked exactly as it had when it was raining.  Grey and peaceful.  That was when I woke up.  From the on I knew that you were my guardian angel.  My saviour.

© 2011 shardsofFrance


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on November 14, 2011
Last Updated on November 14, 2011

Author

shardsofFrance
shardsofFrance

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I'm Sydney Gaudette. People call me Michelle. I blow the candles out on September 8th. I'm stupid, somewhat scary, laid-back, and a total b***h. Writing is my passion and always will be. more..

Writing