Last Mortal Moments

Last Mortal Moments

A Story by b.platte

He came to me out of the darkness of night and asked me gently if I wished to breathe eternal. I contemplated…

 

‘Hm, live forever as a bad a*s vampire? Hell yeah, I’ll get to do whatever I want and my only fear would be the sun and a flimsy piece of wood….’

 

I looked down at my clothes and reconsidered…

 

‘Do I really want to be morphed into a creature of the night in a Big Black shirt, mismatched board shorts, and yellow flip flops? That’s not ominous at all. Edward Cullen wouldn’t be caught dead in this get up. Hell, he probably wouldn’t be caught alive in this either. I doubt I’ll be in the right mindset to want to change before I chose my first victim. I wonder if he’ll let me go inside and change, before sucking the mortality out of me.’

 

“Yeah about that…so I was thinking, yes. Like Hell YES. There is a slight problem though…”

 

I lift my nose and eyebrows up in disgust and look down to motion towards my outfit.

 

“What could possibly be the prob"“

 

He follows my gaze, and then he gets it.

 

“Oh…ahem. Yes, well I guess you could go in and change. But, I insist you make it quick, boy, and don’t even think about getting clever and telling anybody about this. You will not like the outcome if you do.”

 

He tells me this as a warning, in his swanky British accent, but all I heard was an awesome idea. I offer up a quick smile and dart back inside my house. I perform a hockey stop, and rush back to the door opening it slightly. I make sure he is still there and it wasn’t my ADD mind playing tricks on me. He is, and still just as creepy looking. My mouth smiles before I even think to tell it to and my arm goes in command mode like when I’m talking to my dog, Chewy.

 

“Don’t move.”

 

He rolls his eyes in annoyance but stays put. I hurry back inside towards my bedroom and reach for my cell phone that seemed to be patiently waiting for me on the bed. I dial. Tucker answers with sleep still in his voice.

 

“Drew? What the hell? It’s like 3 in the morning.”

 

I ignore his aggravation.

 

“Dude! Say hello to the newest Lost Boy!”

© 2012 b.platte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on August 19, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: vampire, humor

Author

b.platte
b.platte

About
I write because it makes the day worth while. :) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Story by b.platte