Sneaky Goldfish

Sneaky Goldfish

A Story by b.platte
"

The truth about goldfish...

"

Goldfish aren’t meant for talking or sharing great ideas. They are not known for their grand gestures, or for caring you even exist. Goldfish are quiet and watchful. They got their subtle skills of gawking at the world from an old fly.


Said fly was about a week old and so close to dying he couldn’t muster the strength to annoy the people he so fondly admired. In his youth he loved to buzz around the heads and food of his fellow earth dwellers, the humans. He loved how sharing they were, but hated how rough they tried to high five him. As he got older he still always wanted to be around them but was too tired to fly around and follow them, so he planted himself firmly on a busy living room wall and watched his favorite non-winged friends. He got to know all their secrets and loved learning everything they didn’t know they were teaching him. He wanted to write a book to tell his fellow flies, but was close to his demise, and had no time to file a pencil down small enough to fit in his fly hands.

He hopped and flew as best he could to the goldfish living near-by. He spoke with words all jumbled, trying his hardest to get them out before he croaked. (He hated frogs and found it so fitting their noise also meant death to creatures other than him and his buddies) He told them how watching the humans and being very still and quiet brought vast amounts of knowledge, the animal kingdom had never known. He told them that sentence and then died a flies death, so close to his last breath he was casually smacked into a pile of guts by his beloved humans.

The goldfish, upon seeing this atrocity, planned the most well thought out plan known in all the fish world. They took the naive fly’s advise and watched from their bowl, patiently awaiting any information that would help them achieve their ultimate goal… of taking over the world.

A word from the wise; never tell your secrets in front of the sneaky goldfish…they are watching…and conspiring…and swimming…and bubbling…and making funny faces to distract you…but always, watching.

© 2012 b.platte


Author's Note

b.platte
Don't take this too seriously...I sure didn't.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting piece you got, well penned.

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

thank you
I loved this. The writing was great and it was a really fun piece. It made me smile. Thanks for posting:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing!
:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


"He loved how sharing they were, but hated how rough they tried to high five him" This made me giggle. Your mind must be a great place, you have a great imagination and a wonderful way of words. Lovely job, as always. I adore this story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
I would love to live in your mind just for a little while; it must be crazy in there. I can imagine that I would have plenty of adventures. This is just too sweet!! "They are watching…and conspiring…and swimming…and bubbling…and making funny faces to distract you…but always, watching."...I love the ending it made me laugh :) you are super diverse which I love and admire. You wrote a story that made m cry and the next day I’m laughing because of another one of your stories! Thank you for sharing this! One thing..."or for caring you even exists." in the second sentence...it didn’t make sense to me. Other than that...gold star ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

lol. :) I get bored of writing one type of thing so I try to write different stuff. I think that's w.. read more
Mia

11 Years Ago

AH! I can't believe I couldn't figure that out...gosh :)
I'm loving your stories so please...k.. read more
b.platte

11 Years Ago

Okay. :)
This was so cute! Some very funny parts, and such a unique idea. I really loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

thank you!
Quite amusing. I love how you took something so boring like a goldfish and made it into this funny, interesting, and totally original story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


b.platte

11 Years Ago

lol. Thanks :)
Green

11 Years Ago

Your welcome. I shall never look at a goldfish the same way again.
b.platte

11 Years Ago

Good! You shouldn't. They're too quiet; who knows what going up there in their fishy brains. ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012
Tags: funny, fishy, espionage

Author

b.platte
b.platte

About
I write because it makes the day worth while. :) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Story by b.platte