HAZY CLAIMS

HAZY CLAIMS

A Story by Vidushi Sharma
"

Because it forces you to think.....

"
She looked at a file with an expression of doubt.Never had she heard such a case, that kept her experience and knowledge of 27 years in question.she thought over it again.all the possible ways of a death of human.
Natural death , which of course is caused by some disease .unnatural death, murder, suicide or side effects of medical treatment. Premature death due to any disease  .And last but not the least death sentence by court.
Diseases responsible for any person’s death can be genetically or cannot be genetically.But can genes be responsible for death at particular age , due to particular disease and at particular time?
Still thinking about the unscientific approach of the claim she asked doctor.
“so what he thinks he might die of?”
“heart attack ofcourse.” His reply was swift and obvious.”File has all information about the case.”
She eyed him thoughtfully.she kept file aside and took a paper and a pen in her hand.
“has he some heart disease or any sort of genetical disorder?”
“no we have made all possible check. He is perfectly normal and it seems that he will live upto the age of ninety.” Explained doctor.
“so, why is this gentleman making such a claim?”
“according to him, in his family, mother side to be clear,males have been dying in alternate generations of a sudden heart attack.And so he feels that even he might die. He has a big estate to look after and don’t want to die so early as his children are very small.he is ready to pay any amount to any body who could save him. ”
“is this some sort of contest?” she asked.
“Oh no. his will and want to live. That’s all.” Cleared Doctor.
“so afraid of death! If death is to come, who could stop it? No body not even best doctors have control over certain supernatural powers.And this is the first man I m coming across who is foretelling that he will die of heart attack? So very negative! Strange!”
“and the strangest part of the story is that he is sure about date and time a well.” sAid doctor as she began to argue with a start.
“date and time? IMPOSSIBLE!”
“28th april, 9:17pm”
“this is a foul play!”
“you think so? No wonder. But the point is proffesor Billai , IRTI, thinks that there is some very interesting theory in this case and it could throw light upon many unexplained phenomena and undefined things.”
“does he think he could explain some supernatural phenomena that is far beyond human’s control and explanation? This man might have come across some sadhu and people who like to plant such viruses into people’s mind to attract money and people’s attension?.”
“there seemed to be no such man in case.”
“then?” she now seemed bewildered.
“well! This is purely his own claim. According to him, his maternal grand father and his maternal grandfather died of heart attack  at the age of 48 on 28th April. He is already 48 and this is 7th of January.”
“maternal grand father and his maternal grand father, if he has got such a big estate to look after, how come he is keeping and marking death dates of all his descendants? Ok!, even if we take that such myths run down generations by generations. This may be a coincidence?” she asked.
“point! It may be. But it may not be. What if he really dies?” asked the doctor.
“then death is natural. Who can stop it? He has just two examples a evidence which may be coincidence?”
“look at the other point of view.”
“ok! Lets consider this young gentleman will soon die of heart attack. There has to be some reason for heart attack. What was the cause in descendant’s case?” she asked.
“not known ,they happened to be completely fine and feetle. Atleast we can say that in case of his grand father. Further details are not available so we have to depend on him for information.”
“sounds interesting and insane. But let me say, in how many families such coincident deaths might have happened? Nobody ever came up with such a claim? ”she said with disbelieve.
“to believe this man is insane is not solution.at times people don’t believe in such things but this man do and has wish to live and has asked for help. ”
“lets consider it again. Trait is coming down from mother side to males. So females must be carriers.”
“wait a moment please. You don’t believe this is genetic? I believe this is some supernatural phenomena.” Objected doctor.
“lets check the pedigree chart” she said and started to draw it on a piece of paper.
“since females are carrier and trait is observed in males only let it be on X chromosome. in females it is recessive but in males it is observed. POSSIBLE!” She exclaimed.
“But I have never known or heard of aa gene that defines death” doubted doctor.
“nor have i.what do you mean by defines death?” she said still pondering over chart.
“that defines when a person is going to die and on which date.”
“but this is not death defining gene we are talking about but genes that defines heart diseases.” She cleared.
“but he has no such disease genetically?”
“suppose , this gene remains suppressed until certain age of 48. so it can not be detected. And then it suddenly causes heart attack that leads to death? ”
“he is already 48. but still I suppose as you say that such gene exists.But to counter that theory, we have defined date and time of death. And all the males possibly can not be of exactly of same age at that time? They should have same date and time of birth also for that to be possible. Which I m afraid to say is not.”
This explanation forced her to think again. View it again, ONCE AGAIN!
A gene that causes death at particular date ,time and of particular disease. IMPOSSIBLE! 
Date and time is something that is controlled by earth’s rotation in space. Can a gene be in any sort of contact with space?
Suppose such a gene exists.Can earth’s revolution and rotation decide and operate activation of a gene?
Genes are  situated on chromosome in nucleus of millions of cells in our body.chromosomes are recombinated  during meiosis from parental chromosomes. This recombination is not controlled by space so how come activation of genes is controlled by space?
And if such a gene exists, then why its presence has not been detected before? Is this the first evidence? And what is the sequence of bases in this gene? Is this present only in humans and if not why genome project has not felt its presence before.
May be this is not a gene independently. Another possibility is that, such a characteristic is related to some other defined trait and not detected before.
sHe again gazed at the pedigree chart. It follows chart. And if it is so, the son of this gentleman’s daughter might also die of same? But this can’t be purely genetical. This is something more than just genetics, supernatural.
It was some time in may that she again met Doctor only to find the man had died as per his claim on 28th april, 9:17pm of heart attack.he had suffered a heart attack around 9:15pm and died 2 minutes later.
“what was the cause of heart attack?” she asked.
”Doctors are not sure but I personally think anxiety, excitement and fear of approaching death. It was enough to cause him heart attack.”
“I think so.”

© 2013 Vidushi Sharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 19, 2013
Tags: DNA, pedigree chart, Death, Genes

Author

Vidushi Sharma
Vidushi Sharma

Jaipur, India



About
I wanted to be a writer but was held back by some forces. Here i am, giving all wings to my dreams, fantasies and thoughts. more..

Writing