Good Night My Darling

Good Night My Darling

A Story by brianaM
"

A mother patiently waiting for her babe to fall asleep in her arms, describing the moments of tender love and patience.

"
I sit with you patiently. Quietly. Holding you by my side until you fall asleep. But you are fighting it. You don't want to sleep. There is still so much to do, and so much to explore. Rest your mind. Rest your body for the big day ahead of you tomorrow.

I just sit here. Quietly watching you, patiently waiting. Your eyes grow heavy. Closing ever so slightly before quickly opening again. Your head begins to slowly nod down, ready to begin it's slumber. Again, you hold it up, not wanting to give in. 

The room is still. It's almost dark apart from the light of dusk faintly seeping through your curtains. It's quiet. Not even the tick of a clock or the hum of a fan disturbs the peace in your room. I wait patiently for you to fall asleep, wanting so bad to complete my chores and my to-do list for the day. But you need to sleep my dear. I want to take in every minute I can holding you. Watching you. Admiring you. These moments and days are numbered and won't last forever. One day you will no longer want to cuddle or fall asleep in my arms. I know this, which makes this even more special for me. 

After what seems like hours, your eyes give in. Finally closing to rest. But it has not been hours. Only a fraction of time. Your body is relaxed. Your fingers loosen and your arms and legs become still. The only movement coming from your belly as it rises and lowers so shallow as you breathe. It is time for me to lay you down. To get up without waking you always seems to be a trick. But you are in a deep sleep. You are not bothered by the movement. I lay you in your bed so gently as you readjust putting your arms above your head. You don't like your arms covered up. I know that. But I still cover you up and tuck you in. Brush your forehead and hair with my hand whispering good night. I love you. You are so precious to me. Good night my darling. 

Good night my darling. Sleep tight. Dream only with your wildest imagination. Go on an adventure. Create something. Smile, laugh and enjoy. Touch the stars, and explore the deep sea. Climb a mountain, tame a beast and befriend him. Know that your dreams are made for you and only you. Find peace in your slumber and do not let the outside world take that them away. 

Good night my darling. 

© 2020 brianaM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on September 29, 2020
Last Updated on September 29, 2020
Tags: Sleep, Nap, Baby, Mother

Author

brianaM
brianaM

MI



About
I always think of stories at the most inopportune times, like when I'm driving, and can't ever write them down. A lot of my stories are personal experiences, thoughts, feelings and dreams that I can't.. more..