Why America is turning into junkies

Why America is turning into junkies

A Story by supimshaun
"

An article on prescription pain killer addiction

"
Hello my name is Shaun i am an addicted to opiates.
I have been addicted to pain pills and heroin for about 6 years.
Now im in methadone maintanence. Im Still an addict.
This sounds like it could be the beginning of an NA meeting, but its not its not its my life aling with millions of other Americanns. Who is turning so many American Children, Teens, and adults into junkies? Is it really our own fault?
Pharmaceutical companies give Drs. fancy lunches, pens, shirts and money to prescribe their drugs. When a patient comes to a Dr for pain the Dr will first give the patient a weak pain killer like codeine or vicodin knowing that the patient will most likely become dependant on that drug and return for more.Soon the patients tolerance rises and a stronger drug is needed  The addict may realize that their pills are worth alot of money on the street and start selling them. Some pain pills go for $80 a pill on the street. During all this the pharmaceutical company and the Dr and sometimes even the patient are making a fortune off these drugs.
Soon the federal government reakizes there is a problem with prescription pills and makes the pharm company make an abuse proof version of the drug. For example Oxycontin was huge purdue pharmaceuticals made billions off that drug. Drug dealers and pharmacy theives made a fortune off the drug. It sold for a dollar a mg on the street up to $80 a pill. The FDA stepped in and made the company make thevdrug unabusable. That didnt stop us addictscwe then moved up to Opana a stronger pain killer then alot of people found that iv use of these prescription drugs gave a stronger high than heroin. Being cheaper than pills heroin is always there to save the day when pills cant be found or afforded.
All in all its a never ending cycle drug companies keep pumping out stronger more dangerous drugs and people keep getting addicted and itbspreads like a plague. Its a never ending cycle, a money tree for the drug companies and a killer of millions of Americans.
so who do you think is turning America into junkies 

© 2012 supimshaun


Author's Note

supimshaun
Story about addiction

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on September 11, 2012
Last Updated on September 11, 2012
Tags: drugs oxy opana

Author

supimshaun
supimshaun

Tulsa, OK



About
I recently moved from upstate NY to Tulsa Oklahoma to escape opiate addiction. Im now in a methadone treatment program. I love to write some times it's ridiculous sometimes its funny. Just remember "i.. more..

Writing