Kindred Spirit

Kindred Spirit

A Story by shavianshaw
"

This is a story of an elementary teacher whose life is teaching but all her aspirations when she was a child comes to haunt her and this causes her to stumble in her life and lose everything

"
Jesse is going to be late in a few minutes and she feel irritable because she just woke up and wasnt able to take her shower. She stayed up so late working on her teaching materials for her classes. Well, her tongue feels and tastes like a doormat. She is on her way to school where she have been teaching for almost 5 years. "Henry, can you please get me a bottle of water from the cafeteria" she asked one of her students, handed him money as she proceed to her class. 
Henry missed the lecture for the day for when he arrived with Ms. Jesse's bottle of water the class in working on their workbooks. Who wouldn't be dissapointed in that or furious? This is a private school. How could she even have the courage to do that to any of her students?
Henry's mother is a full-time housewife who is working so hard to budget their monthly allowance. She is active in church and takes good care of her family. She resigned from her work in a multi-million company because she values her family more than her career. Mrs. Urelia sent her children to private school in hope for her children to have a bright future but clearly getting your child to buy water on his first period for his teacher isn't a bright future is it? 
At the Urelia home they are busy having their dinner. "So Henry how is your Language class isn't it your favorite class?" Margie asked her son. "My teacher asked me to buy her water again?" Margie thought to herself that's the third time this month. She wonders why the teacher is behaving like that. 
That evening Mrs. Margie Urelia wrote a letter of complaint to the principal. 
The next morning the parent delivered her letter to the principal. During the break time Ms. Jesse was called to the office of the principal and was asked to write a letter of apology to be addressed to the parent. 
Jesse feels so tired even though her day was very short and there were not that much to do in school for they just finished all the work last week. While walking home she couldn't help but look forward to the next school year. She walked into an empty house. Then prepared her dinner and watched TV. After that she went to sleep. 
Jesse is quite fortunate because she has been orphaned since she was a baby. Yet, she finished her school and was able to get work as a teacher. However, this is not an excuse to be unjustifiably lazy at work. She forgot that maybe a parent will complain with her behavior. 
The next year she got promoted to be the Language Chairman. She thought to herself she must have done something really good though there was a letter of complain she received from last year. Well, her first assignment was to head the Language Month with one week celebration which will be in four weeks. For months she had meetings with the principal and the teachers. The teachers talk with the students. On the last month she started working with the students. 
Then she was kind of tired with the whole situation and she just scolded the students. She forgot and that she was demoralizing the students who was just there to help in the English Festival. Everyone was shocked at what happened.
The next day the Ms. Jesse was asked at the principal's office. She didn't attend the English Festival because she needed to take a break from work. Probably in her house, she might watch TV, read a good book, or prepare her dinner.

© 2012 shavianshaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012

Author

shavianshaw
shavianshaw

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
I write stories with lessons (morale) in life. more..

Writing