The deadly game

The deadly game

A Story by W0lf-tale
"

Ruth had betrayed her group to save her brothers life. But when they found out Ruth had betrayed them, they knew exactly what they were going to do, a game was in order. It there was only one outcome.

"

This story is dedicated to Ruth,
whom has been through every
idea I had until
the right one happened.


He sits across the room to me, a smirk printed on his face. He places a gun onto the table and looks into my eyes.


‘How about a little game, huh?’


I stare at him. Was this how it was going to end? A game where a bullet will go through my heart. I knew he’d be the one finishing me off, but I didn’t know it was going to be this way.


‘You’re going to hide’ he wraps his hand around the gun and lifts it up, he rests his elbow on the table, the gun pointing up to the ceiling. ‘I’m going to count to ten. Once I reach zero. I’m coming for you.’ He leans in. ‘And when I find you, the game is over’


I take a deep breath and release it. I lace my fingers together and rest my elbows on the
table. He lowers the gun back to the table.


‘What if I don’t want to play’ I say.


He stands up, leaving the gun where it is and walks behind me. I tense up when I feel his breath on the back of my neck. He grabs my hair and pulls my head back, his mouth is right by my ear. I hate his mouth.


‘Then you won’t have ten seconds.’ He lets go and sits back down. ‘Ruth, don’t you see, we are giving you time to leave. Might not be long, but don’t waste your time.’ I place my chin onto my knuckles and stare at the gun.


He was right, they were given me an option. Die here right now and let him get away with my murder, or get killed in public where I either will survive or he’ll get caught. I unlace my hands and press my fingertips to my temples, thumbs resting on my cheekbones. I look up at him.


‘I’m in’ I drop my hands to my lap and he smiles.


I search him up and down. When did I come involved in such a sick group, I never thought I’d be in this position. I guess no one ever thought they’d either.


‘Before this ‘game’ starts’ I say. ‘I want to know why I’m in playing it’


He laughs and slouches his body, back pressed against the old wooden chair. He stares at me for a few seconds before leaning in, forearms on the table and fingers entwine together.


‘You’re a traitor. We thought we could trust you, but then you sold us out’


I frown and rack my brain back. Was I unconscious during that, because for some reason I couldn’t remember it? I look to the floor and try to remember.


‘Let me help you’ he says as if he read my mind. ‘You told Tom that about the drugs we put in his house. You knew we hated him; we had the plan of getting him arrested. No one wanted to see his sick little face again’ his face softens. ‘Well, accept you. You just couldn’t stay away’


I laugh and press my tongue to the back of my bottom teeth.


‘He’s my brother.’ I exclaim, frowning. ‘Did you really think I was going to watching him get caught in my problems? The only sick face around here is yours. I bet your father is embarrassed about you’ I snarl.


‘I bet your mum is embarrassed of you. I bet she’s cringing in her grave at you and your life’


I slap him hard across the face. All my hatred goes into that blow, he deserves it. Every last slap, punch or kick, he deserves it. I drop my hand.


‘Let the game begin’ I bite my lip and smirk.


This was one I wasn’t going to lose. I had it up my sleeve. No way was I going to go down the same road as my sister did. It was true, my mother probably would be embarrassed with me, but to be perfectly honest, I think no one was cringing more then I was. I stand up and leave, shutting the door behind me. I hear him start to count.


‘Nine’


I break into a run and leave the building. Silently counting in my head as I went. I open my car and pull out my gun. I shut the door and run to the other side of the road, almost getting hit by a Land Rover. I duck behind a brick wall.


‘Five’ I hear.


I breath in and out over and over again. The air just seemed to not fall to my lungs, I felt sick to my stomach. I just hoped this was a game I was going to come out on top of.


‘Three’


I close my eyes and unclick the safety lock on the gun.


‘Two’


Breath I remind myself.


‘One’


I open my eyes and I hear the door open. Footsteps come across to my ears.


‘Ready?’ I whisper to myself.


I smile.


‘Always’


I peep over the wall and see him searching car after car looking for me. I gulp and rest the gun onto the wall, I aim for his disgusting face. I fire once, them twice, then three times. I fall against the wall again just as screams happen. I peep again and see him holding his left arm. He spots me and runs over. I jump up and run, gun at the ready I turn the corner, pushing my body to the wall. He appears and I slip behind him. I press the gun barrel to the back of his neck, I lean in my mouth against his ear. I smirk.


‘Game over’ I shoot.

© 2012 W0lf-tale


Author's Note

W0lf-tale
This was just a bit of one-shot, just was in the mood to write something :)
xoxo W0lf-tale

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked it. Had some grammar errors such as "breath" instead of "breathe" but you kept the action going and while the action was steamrolling along you gave us a good look at your character's character via her mental monologue and her dialogue with smirk face. If you write like this on the spur of the moment, I look forward to reading more from you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked it. Had some grammar errors such as "breath" instead of "breathe" but you kept the action going and while the action was steamrolling along you gave us a good look at your character's character via her mental monologue and her dialogue with smirk face. If you write like this on the spur of the moment, I look forward to reading more from you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

384 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012
Tags: Ruth, drugs, guns, him

Author

W0lf-tale
W0lf-tale

Essex, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my name is Jess. I love to write! J.K Rowling is my idol, along with Evanna Lynch, Demi Lovato and Emma Watson. I'm in love with them, Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Matt Lewis, Ian.. more..

Writing
A Wallflower A Wallflower

A Story by W0lf-tale


1- Quentin 1- Quentin

A Chapter by W0lf-tale