Falling Leaves

Falling Leaves

A Poem by Shelly Bell
"

This describes the Teaching experience...

"
People ignore each other like riding down highways in Autumn. The beauty of falling leaves doesn't amuse them. These leaves have sound but why roll a window down to hear something so silently profound. There are many more leaves than trees but we will stand in awe if a tree falls down. We ignore the interesting for the apocalyptic, then lust for disgust because we don't trust the thought of true beauty.

The idea of striving for perfection is envisioned as lifelong struggle. Trying to make the picture clear is like putting a together a puzzle in water, certain pieces link, get submerged and bound together forever, some pieces just float into never, and living in never....never gets better....

For as long as you read I will write to you. For as long as my passion
burns inside of me I will use me to ignite you. I will give all the words of my life for you.
spread every inch of my thoughts in wind and send them in whirlwinds just to rupture weak foundations and build a strong ones for you. If you didn't hear my beating heart the first time I will beat it again for you. I will risk the possibility of me and my sin making amends in the end if I can just affect you.

I will turn life, love, liberty, and justice into a game if I could connect the 4 for you. Every time opportunity knocks I will bell hop and prop open the door for you...

if only you were my child.
I am only your teacher.

to you I am just a creature, you don't realize you spend more time with than your own mother. and I can subliminally show you the route to mental freedom but your real parents would blow my cover.

and since they don't allow shotguns in school, I can't make "no turning back" a golden rule. So here I stand trying to prove to you that while I must apply pressure to thoughts where the sun don't shine.  I'm doing it with love, even though this responsibility is really not mine.

See teaching is not a grind. Its what you are all the time. Don't get caught in the grocery store with a cart full of wine and don't be on Facebook cheesing having too much of a good time. Don't be seen in your backyard on your knees kissing steve just to meet your needs. This is a calling when a teacher fails millions will fail to succeed see teachers don't have the privilege of ignoring the sound falling leaves.

Copyright 2010 Shelly Bell

© 2010 Shelly Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on January 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 20, 2010

Author

Shelly Bell
Shelly Bell

Alexandria, VA



About
To merely refer to North Carolina native and Alexandria, VA resident Shelly Bell as a curious and talented consumer of life’s most positive energies would only tell half of the story. An award-w.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Shelly Bell