Meta-story "S" prologue: ReImagined

Meta-story "S" prologue: ReImagined

A Story by Demiurgic_Amon
"

meta-stories are drabbles based off my own feelings when I write about other projects. This particular one has to do with the re-imagining of an old one.

"
Stargazer.
That word was always on my mind for the last year.
It referred to a conceptual video-game, one that planned to be Mass Effect for kids. One that, in disgust of the failure of it's proposed spiritual successor once I ran out of ideas for Stargazer itself, was shoved into the dark recesses of the "failure pit" in my mind.
My memories of it's conception are vivid.
I was living in Korea at the time, remembering some fond memories of playing EVE online before I moved there. That is where the name first appeared to me, while I was watching the world tour arc of Digimon Adventure 02. At around the same time my interest in the original Mass Effect was increasing. I began thinking of an immersive world, compelling characters, and a story to die for.
It was wonderful, but inevitably flawed.
I eventually started thinking of a new concept once my mind was tired of Stargazer. This happened after the peak of my obsession with it.
I was vacationing back in the states, at the house of my cousin's grandmother. I remember telling my cousin all about it. I remember the hot, dry Arizona days greeting me every time I returned to that house. Stargazer was all that was on my mind.
Until, one day, I thought of a weapon for the game, and said to myself "Wouldn't this look better if it had a magazine?" it was then that the aforementioned spiritual successor was born.
fast forward 2 years, I had been repeatedly told that said successor was a failure, impossible to complete. I shelved my once-precious Stargazer away, for fear it would cause me to remember the hack beta-job that had effectively destroyed it's successor.
Now, months later, I went on a walk. I had brought my phone with me and was listening to a song from the Xenosaga trilogy.
"Godsibb" was beautiful, and made me think back to the sci-fi world I had created all those years ago.
What I first thought of was a multiplayer game, but that would have been to difficult to accomplish. I remembered how I was going to make the money necessary to bring the games I had dreamed of to life: A kindle book.
I reimagined  the first creation I was truly proud of as an episodic novel saga. One that, if I do get to become an indie game developer, may be adapted into an interactive format.
My hope is that my return to the sci-fi genre finds some form of success, at least. If it doesn't, it'll at least be a learning experience.

© 2015 Demiurgic_Amon


Author's Note

Demiurgic_Amon
I admit my prose is horrible, so if you're going to critique it, at least give me an example of good prose.

Also, what do you think of the concept of a meta-story in general?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i don't see anything wrong, but again i am horrible with prose :)well, just a really small mistake is that your 6th last paragraph starts with a small letter..i didn't know about meta stories until i read this but it seems to be really cool :)i like it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Demiurgic_Amon

9 Years Ago

I practically came up with the concept of a meta-story myself.
catwoman

9 Years Ago

It's really cool :)



Reviews

i don't see anything wrong, but again i am horrible with prose :)well, just a really small mistake is that your 6th last paragraph starts with a small letter..i didn't know about meta stories until i read this but it seems to be really cool :)i like it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Demiurgic_Amon

9 Years Ago

I practically came up with the concept of a meta-story myself.
catwoman

9 Years Ago

It's really cool :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on April 2, 2015
Last Updated on April 2, 2015
Tags: Meta-story, Stargazer, Stargazer Meta-story

Author

Demiurgic_Amon
Demiurgic_Amon

Austin, TX



About
Teenagers who try to be writers are a dime-a-dozen if you know where to look. I should know. I was one. One who, In a foolish attempt at companionship, joined a community that later turned out to b.. more..