Bubble of Life

Bubble of Life

A Story by Sylver Marcus
"

lions and tigers and bears oh my! not!

"

Grrrrrrrrrrr, i rumbled low so papa didnt hear me. The bird lay twitching on the cold hard ground in the larg herb bush. the bush was what kept our family alive, so full of life with a spring sprouting from the north left side. But inside no one, except me could fit, and i crouched holding my paws in the center root to keep from tumbling out into the daylight and be exposed. Carla would laugh at me and we would rib punch for a while until papa would pull us apart and threaten to serve us Yuhuh that night for dinner. I shuddered at the thought, yuhuh was Lion's tailmeat and once we heard of cubs eating yuhuh and rolled into the unknown region, and never came back. I yelped at the thought and gripped the root tighter.

       I pulled myself closer to my prey and snarled at it, watching it twitch in pain and chatter in ear, then the light shone on my face as a hefty part of the herb bush pulled away and i snatched my snarl back, as Mum clawed the fragrancey leafs. "Jyter what in saints name are you doing wasting valuable time hiding. This is no time for playing! Even Carla has finished her duties before rise and you are here torturing a harmless little winger." Mum nudged the bird out of the bush with  her front paw then lifted it in her mouth and brought it to the main cave for papa to medicate it. I grumbled to myself cussing Carla as she pranced by a smug look on her face. She'd done her duties before me and therefore was going to go hunting in the Jungle with papa tonight, and bring back dinner for the young ones. ALl of a sudden i heard a loud moan and roar, papa. the pouding footsteps on the hard packed sand, was loud enough to echo in the vast desert. he suddenly appeared in front of the bush's opening and lifted me in his mouth. He knew i didnt like being touched with mouths or lifted in any way. I ribbed him until he dropped in the dung cave where alll the waste went. "should you rot in here til death" roared papa. "i reckoned i brought my pack up better than that Jyter! Carla even lived up to potential mate level and here you stoop so low as to hunt a bird! Unbelieveable!" papa clawed the unfinished south mud wall and the whole covering shredded and teared leaving a gap in the center. "why" was all he asked so low it was barely audible.

      I bowed my head and lifted my right paw. "i dont know papa. i mean it was already bitten and harmed i just thought i could finish it off, i mean im just so hungry!" Papa raged at me explanation and didnt even give me time to ponder my next answer to hos next question that he would fire at me which would undoubtedly be "how could you be my son, so devilish and fiesty" which is what he always ranted at me when he was mad at me. but he surprised me when he responded finally "then if you dont like following the rules, fulfilling your duties and are so starving, why are you still here?" true id chosen his way of life when i joined the led region pack seven months ago, but i still said "so i can live up to my twin overshadowing self centered mate!" (carla) and ran out of the dung cave angry and bewildered. I ran with all my might to the jungle, east back to where i csme from and back to my original pack. i heard the sound of the chasin punding paws slow as mum said to papa "leet him be. he is not a cub anymore yoshi and he can chose his own life for he came here, by his own will, he can leave in his own will" but i chased the voices away and stepped into the bubble of the jungle alive. I snarled and thought "now no one can cetch me or call me untamed. for im the kind of the jungle!"

© 2008 Sylver Marcus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on October 15, 2008

Author

Sylver Marcus
Sylver Marcus

About
Hey peole I'm Sylver and i love reading, writing and weekends! i grew up in a small town with a strong and close community, with my younger brother, and my parents. I started reading a lot in firs.. more..

Writing