Every life is a river.

Every life is a river.

A Poem by sherni

"All rivers flow to the sea." I don't even know if that's an accepted truth, but let's look at the idea of it. Compare your life to that of a river. Don't EVER think that your life is not going anywhere. Everyone's life is worth something. Don't compare your life to someone else's unless you use it as a pitchfork to take you higher in a respectful act. We are all rivers. We slow down at certain times and flow fast at other times. We leave rocks behind and pick up twigs. Every single thing, from the pieces of garbage tossed in or picked up, every set of eyes admiring our beauty, every disturbed soul sharing pain by sitting beside us, every single energy moves with us as we flow. We pick up and leave more than physical objects; we pick up emotions. We pick up all of pain, hate, envy, happiness, joy, laughter. We leave memories and pick up reminders. So much is added and left behind. As humans, this transfer could come in the forms of money, people, and lessons. The most important thing to take from this is the realization that YOU DON'T STOP MOVING. You may twist and turn, but at the end of the day what we bring with us to the sea- our consciousness - is the most most crucial commodity. Take from this to remember that you are going with the flow. Don't forget that your life is never at a standstill. You don't stop moving. You will experience pain but it is all a part of the growth. Your life could slow down while picking up litter or go fast and scary while leaving behind solid foundations like rocks, but YOU KEEP MOVING. You keep growing. Every life is a river.

© 2014 sherni


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014
Tags: river, life, water, memories, pain, hate, moving, consciousness, growth, soul, slow, respectful, compare, fast, standstill, forget, realization, laughter, joy, happiness, envy, time, sharing

Author

sherni
sherni

Canada



About
Trying to re-ignite love over and over again, without structure. more..

Writing