Sexuality/Coming out

Sexuality/Coming out

A Story by shes okay

Today is another day for one of my many new things that I said that I was going to do every Friday, but I just decided to post it whenever I feel like I should pour what I feel, and think onto the internet. This is my second week so I am still very fresh at this. If you read my last one it was about Women. I really hope that who read it liked it.

Today I am talking about is Sexuality and coming out as who you want to be weather it’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer, Asexual or Straight { or even an animal or plant for all dreamers ( a.k.a what our society calls LGBTQ+A )}.

Again, same as last week: Please I assure you to not judge and please add anything you’d like to add, no negative comments, or again judging. Please let me know What I can Add to be better.

First I will be starting off with some quotes from two very lovely women who inspire me: Lauren Jauregui ( Fifth Harmony ) in the beginning, and end with some from Lucy Vives ( young female activist):

“Who you love shouldn’t describe who you are and who you love is your choice! Don’t let anyone tell you who you’re supposed to love.” - Lauren Jauregui

“A person’s sexuality should not be and is not as significant as a person’s smile, or charisma, or passion, or honesty, or pretty soul, or music taste, or I don’t know, important things that make people who they are.” - Lauren Jauregui

As from these two quotes from the beautiful singer of Fifth Harmony also if you follower her through her social media accounts this is something she’s close to, and something she will literally have a full on 12 hour conversation about. As the singer writes an open letter to Trump supporters, saying in the letter: “ I am a Bisexual Cuban-American woman & so proud.”

As all of us who are amazing “ Camren” shippers, we overly rejoiced.

Me Myself i wasn’t so worried about the “Camren” thing. I was more happy that she feels comfortable about who she is.

Okay enough about her even though she’s extremely amazing.

In todays society we are sexualixed to be sexy as women slim, and “thick.” Men are supposed to be strong, and have a six-pack.

Men are supposed to like women, and women are supposed to like men.

NO! We also in society are taught to be OURSELVES, and do what makes us happy. Weather you are a female who likes females, and males, or just females. If you’re a male who like males, or both male, and female.

It doesn't matter what or who you like as long as you are happy. Don’t let anyone judge you.

As far as coming out. For a lot of people it is extremely hard. Some who do come out get judged, and bullied because how they were raised. They were raised that “God” doesn’t accept it. But, for those who are bullied can not take it anymore commit suicide.

I knew two people who committed suicide because of bullying from being judged about who they want to be.

It’s very sad when someone rather die than living and being happy for who they are because people cannot accept it.

“ Being straight is like, really sexist ” - Lucy Vives posted to her Twitter account May 29, 2015

This, this of what Lucy says is like….society makes it seem like you have to be “ Straight,” yes that is sexist. One is not just born straight, racist, etc.

We are born who we are born to be.

And if someone doesn't like that well…...that’s their problem not yours.

Be who you want to be. Do what makes you happy.

Thank You.

p.s Again please comment what I could do to be better. Comment what you think I should add. And please no Judging.




© 2017 shes okay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on April 29, 2017
Last Updated on April 29, 2017
Tags: LGBT, coming out, sexuality, lauren jauregui, lucy vives

Author

shes okay
shes okay

MN



About
Just a young woman in America who wants to share her voice. more..

Writing
Women Women

A Story by shes okay