ps

ps

A Poem by Shifra

as lost. I had never been this lost before...
I LOVE YOU
these three words I shall never hear uttered from thee again.
I forge a bond with mind and body and soul and still I am filled with holes
....you can see right through her THEY said....... do not speak too loud, tread lightly for if you make so much of a sound she'll shatter into a thousand pieces.
I got up I fell to the ground ....I lay down and feel the earth spinning
I struggle to go outside for fresh air and choke on the sweet purity of it.
I should not be aloud to breathe the air I thought it tasted too sweet. So sweet but I have let her down.
He is in my mind as well; embraced in your arms not a sound touches your lips.
The corner of your mouth rises to what may be perceived as a smile....that eternal resplendent triangle.
My soul cries with the intonation that maybe this simple gesture will absolve my follies and bring absolution to my heart.
Truth is the same
again and again I am crushed by the reality that I have carved for myself and cannot alter.
This perpetual cycle of guilt and disdain.
I begin a struggle to regain my life
and so I wax, I wane, I slide to and fro in limbo with the fear of falling backwards into oblivion......
but still however painful I behold an image of a mother and a child from a time when all was as I thought it should be.... before I fell

© 2008 Shifra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on March 27, 2008

Author

Shifra
Shifra

Boston, MA



About
Caught in the nets of language I was thrust forth into this world mouth agape eyes wide shut. I developed enough composure to inhabit my surroundings and function on an auto pilot like level among t.. more..

Writing
Sorry Love Sorry Love

A Poem by Shifra