Misunderstanding-A Short Story

Misunderstanding-A Short Story

A Story by S.P.GORAI

Misunderstanding-A Short Story

                                                                                   By S.P.Gorai

Neha’s husband managed to book air ticket for Swastik. Swastik reached Delhi at 9 PM. Swastik had his interview and he sucedded  and currently, he is working on that company in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.

 

This story of starts forms a railway station of Mumbai, India.  A young boy Swastik was going from Mumbai to Delhi for a job interview. After fighting with the traffic of Mumbai finally he reached Mumbai railway station to catch the train. Swastik had arranged all his bags and sit comfortably in his berth. Suddenly two boys with a young married girl came in the opposite berth of Swastik.

At that time Swastik thought “These three persons are from a single family one husband- wife and other may be their brother”.

Announcement from railway “The train going from Mumbai to Delhi is going to depart from platform no -2”.

With that announcement, two male persons with that married girl left her alone and said with an angry voice, “Bye bye after reaching Delhi just inform us”.

 It’s not more than 10 minutes of the train leaving the platform that married girl started crying.  All these stories were happening on the opposite berth of Swastik. In this situation, a lot of question is coming in the mind of Swastik “Who is that girl?Why is she crying?Is there anything wrong with her?  The other persons from nearby berth also steering to the girl with questionable faces but nobody able to ask or talked with that girl.  After passing of almost one hour’s girl stop her crying, because there was no water left in her eyes. But at that movement, one phone call came to her and again she started crying. This time with more loud voice. After the disconnection of the phone, she is a little bit quiet. But again phone came and she was started crying. This was happening for more than 10 times.

In between Train Ticket Police came and asked for a ticket from her and asked her name. She murmured “I am Neha Sharma going from Mumbai to Delhi and this is my ticket”.

That is how Swastik is able to know her name. After this Swastik is trying to talk with her but he is not successful.

Suddenly girls shouted, “I want to get down from the train and return to Mumbai”.

This time Swastik got a chance to talk with Neha, so without losing this golden chance Swastik replied within a fraction of a second, “You are alone with your luggage how can you return to Mumbai alone”.

She replied, “It’s urgent I have to return to Mumbai,

Swastik added, “Let me search in my tab is there any train from next railway station”.

The next railway station was Surat. The train from Surat to Mumbai was there but unfortunately, at late night 3 0’clock in the morning but next station Surat is coming at 8 0’colock in the evening. So she has to wait for more than 7 hours alone.

At that time someone shouted, “There are a number of buses from Surat to Mumbai”.

Swastik inquired that girl “Would you like to go by bus Neha”.

 Neha quaked, “Yes, of course, anyhow I want to return back to Mumbai, but by going bus alone is it safe?”

Swastik acknowledged, “You are right,  it is not safe for a lonely girl to travel by bus from an unknown place to Mumbai”.

Neha in a full of worry, “Swastik will you go with me please it's my humble request”.

In this situation, Swastik was in a dual mind and was thinking “What should I do? Should I leave the interview or request of Neha”? After some time Swastik decided that he should go with Neha because if he does not go with Neha then maybe bad things happen to her

Finally, Swastik replied, “I will go with you but 1st of all you have to tell me what's happened to you and why are you crying. Please stop crying”.

Neha woundered, “Yes I will tell you everything”.

Swastik murmured , “Ok then please tell me what happened to you”.

Neha started her story “As you can understand from my dressing sense, I am a married woman. I have just married six months before. It was an arranged marriage. I was living with my husband very happily and he loved me a lot.”

Swastik took out some fruit from his bag and added, “Take this and you continue please”

Neha in a relaxed mode replied, “ Thank you Swastik. Suddenly some misunderstanding takes place and our love has been decreasing day by day”

Swastik inquired, “Misunderstanding what kind of? It can be solved very easily with the talk”  

Neha cryed, “No, Swastik it is not that much easy. Actually, I had a friend, no I should say best friend and after marriage, I have used to talk with him as usual.  In the earlier days of my marriage my husband was very much a frank and understandable person, he never ever says that do not talk with a boy. My husband used to tell me that when he can have a friend who is a girl so why should you not have a friend who is a boy. So, it was going very nice. One day my best friend’s mother meets an accident and he asked me for my help. I went out for him immediately. He told me to come in outside of the Great Mumbai Restaurant and from there he will pick me up. I went there it was an evening I correctly remember it was nearly 8 O’clock in the evening. When I reached there I saw all my college mates are there for wishing my birthday. Even I forgot it but my college friends remember my birthday even after my marriage. It was a grand celebration. After coming out from the restaurant my friend wished me to drop me back to my home. And yes I agreed. But unfortunately my husband was there at the same restaurant with some colleague, he watched and followed me on that evening. At 9 0’colck he reached home and was waiting for me for taking me to candlelight dinner. But it was late in the party with my friends I reached home at 12’colck in the midnight. Then what everything was on the mess. A big misunderstanding. I know it was my mistake. We shouted all the night to each other. I explained everything how I reached the party. But all explanation was gone in vain.

Swastik with a deep breath asked, “When all this things happens to you”

Neha replied, “Last night and in the morning I decided to go my Moms house in Delhi”

Swastik inquired, “Now why do you want to come back now”

Neha muttered, “Tomorrow is my husband birthday. I want to take him to the Candlelight dinner”

Swastik after knowing half the story with enthusiasm inquired , “I am not getting why were you crying on the mobile”

Neha explained, “Same thing was going on from the last night. The same misunderstanding”.

Swastik with a great confidence replied, “Do not worry Neha we will reach in Mumbai tomorrow early in the morning. You will be able to celebrate your husband’s the birthday. It is my promise for you”.

That day Neha was so depressed and she forgot to ask anything from about Swastik.

Finally, Swastik and Neha left the train at Surat railway stationand  boarded the bus at night. That day Neha sleeps in a relaxed manner. But Swastik was in trouble. He was thinking about his job interview that was on the day after tomorrow. But when Swastik falls asleep he did not know. Both of them opened their eyes when the bus reached Mumbai early in the morning at 5 O’clock.  

Swastik rejoiced, “Neha here is your Mumbai, we reached, now I am free”

Neha treambled, “ No it's not over Swastik, I am afraid to talk with my hubby, please come with me and make him understand”

Again Swastik was in  trouble. Swastik was thinking that maybe the situation become more worst if her husband sees her with another boy.  But finally Swastik with a strong heart decided to go with Neha to handover Neha to her husband.

Fortunately, that was a Sunday , her husband was there in house. They took a cab and reached the home.

 After knocking the door her husband was in the door.

Swastik was there at the door step but Neha was hiding her under the staircase.

After opening the door Neha’s husband, “ Yes brother,  whom do you want, how can I help you”

Swastik stated, “ Are you husband of  Neha”

Neha’s husband barked , “ Who are you?  How do you know her? Where is she?”

Swastik acknowledged , “Look you are like my big brother, you just give me 10 minutes , and listen to me everything will be clear”.

That day Swastik put his best effort into saving a newly married relationship and Swastik won that day.Neha’s husbend  understands everything after attending the whole story from Swastik.

With a guilty Neha’s husband added, “ Where is Neha? I was very unkind to her from last two days. Please tell me where is she ?”

Swastik with a smiling face and great joy in his the heart, stated, “ Come with me I will take you to her”

Neha was still there beneath the staircase with an anxiety face praying to god for ending this misunderstanding.

Swastik holding the hand of Neha’s husband with a great force taking him to the down satire. And suddenly he saw Neha.

Neha’s husband started crying and with that Neha also. They hugged each other. This makes the end of all the complications.

Neha’s husband was a decent person he asked taking lunch for Swastik and Swastik agreed.

Its was great that Neha cooked great dishes.

During the lunch, Neha’s husband asked Swastik, “ Why you were going to Delhi”

Swastik told without  thinking anything, “ I  was going to attain a job interview”.

After hearing this he called Neha and take her to the other conrner of the room so that Swastik cannot listen to them and murmured, “ Neha see , how much Swastik have taken the responsibiitly for you to drop here in Mumbai and reunited us . He is the only who save our married life.He left his interview interview Neha think about it, how big sacrifice he have given for us”

Neha was shocked and asked sobbed, “ Please dear find some solution . Otherwish I will be responsible for spoiling the carrier of Swastik”

Neha’s husband wishpered , “ Let me think for a while , Please ”

Neha, “ Ok Ok ”

Neha’s husband was too much intelligent and after thinking for a while he got the solution and shouted, “ Neha look Swastik is having his interview tomorrow i.e. Monday, he can reach Delhi by flight within two hours. Now its is 4 O’Clock. If he can take a flight of nearly around 6 O’clock and can reach Delhi at 8 PM”

Neha shouted , “Yes yes, we have to do it, my dear hubby”

 

 

-------------------------------------THE END--------------------------

© 2018 S.P.GORAI


Author's Note

S.P.GORAI
Please please review it. This is my first story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on March 4, 2018
Last Updated on March 4, 2018

Author

S.P.GORAI
S.P.GORAI

SHIMLA, Himachal Pradesh, India



About
I am a Writer Beginner. more..

Writing