Damsel in Distress in Tinsel Town

Damsel in Distress in Tinsel Town

A Story by Siddharth
"

It's a story of a girl who wants to establish her identity in a wicked world filled with buoyancy and taking onto the sphere executing her gracious deeds.

"
We are truly comprehensible of the fact that everybody is on a hunt to earn their livelihood so that they can mend their diverse ways in order to lead a blissful life. Some people are on a steep run to make it large in their respective field while others dream of achieving their desired goals in whatever they would like to excel at. Men and the members from the opposite sex are equal nowadays in every respect. You name it and the women achieve the same. It had been recognized in the past that women were considered as the weaker sex since they didn’t have or were not equipped with the required skills that would mold them to the best of their abilities. In simple words, they lacked a knack which was very necessary to stand apart in the crowd.

This is the story of such a girl named Gina, who dreams of attaining her various goals so that they could be bestowed with name and respect in today’s competitive world. Everybody is on a move to leave others behind in today’s cut-throat race. Gina is a sophisticated woman hailing from a country that is enriched with sparkling beaches and engrossed with rich history that once lived to tell the tale of mighty warriors that were brutal enough to manslaughter their kind people. Gina is qualified and possesses a degree in English Literature from the University of repute and is looking forward to work for an esteemed Advertising Agency. On the very first day when her flight landed at the Airport, she took a sigh of relief after having travelled for long.

Oh my God, she never was accustomed to board such a long and tiring flight that took her breath away. At the airport, she desperately needed nothing but water to scrub her mind and soul. Then, she takes a walk outside to hop onto a cab because she has an appointment fixed with the Chief Editor of a daily Magazine, which is “Mumbai Talkies.” She meets the Chief Editor and based on her and educational qualifications in the respective area and performance, she’s appointed as a Junior Editor who would work under the constant guidance of another Editor.

Gina sets her foot in Mumbai, the mesmerizing city which is known as the city of dreams is loaded with various people hailing from diverse cultures and backgrounds. She has the true potential but she needs to discover what is hidden deep down her ardent and young soul that would take her for a ride in tinsel town, which is fondly known as “Mumbai.”

© 2012 Siddharth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012
Tags: Desired goals, competitive world, sophisticated woman

Author

Siddharth
Siddharth

New Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Hey folks, I am Siddharth Sehrawat from the God's own country of India. I hold a firm passion for writing and am an ardent blogger, poet and a writer. I am sincerely awaiting the influx of that specta.. more..

Writing