Memoirs to a Sacrilege

Memoirs to a Sacrilege

A Poem by silentvoice

“Memoirs to a Sacrilege”

 

 Sacred is thy treasure, angel touched and God blessed the prestigious aura in which it is held unmatched through all of science’s modern advances unattainable by even the most formidable of all challengers. And yet it’s mystical grander, though magical it is, nothing is ever truly indestructible. Neglect and rage, disregard and arrogance, miscommunication and a lack of education now behold it as nothing less than equal, disgracefully ordinary �" no longer God-worthy nor eloquent, it’s glory gave away to hostility, and our pride gives way to normalcy just as love gives way to hate and even the brightest of lights must inevitably fade to blackness. A time in which the most honest epitome of perfection could be found in one’s purist of hearts shone with the virtues that carried us through the darkness and the lightness ever so loyally now leaves us with questions unanswered though admittedly unasked as the gold that once gave us light and guidance now fades to dust and history of passed ancient times....will we ever find our way or is this destined to be our permanent sacrilege?

 

Tanner Reiss

June 18, 2011  

© 2013 silentvoice


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on February 2, 2013
Last Updated on February 2, 2013
Tags: memorial, love, loss

Author

silentvoice
silentvoice

Regina , Canada



About
I am 20 years old and live in Canada I enjoy writing, singing, playing video games, hanging with friends and family and volenteering whenever I can. I have been writing for roughly eight years or so a.. more..

Writing