Pure Morning

Pure Morning

A Story by Billie Mae
"

A friend in need is a friend indeed A friend who bleeds is better, My friend confessed she passed the test, and we will never sever. -Placebo

"
That particular smile meant he was up to no good. As she slammed the car door shut he slammed his foot on the pedal and the car sped down the suburban road. After a few minutes of silence his hand crept over toward her, making it’s way between her knees to rest comfortably on her thigh. She grinned, rolling her eyes wrapping her fingers through his. 

They were that one couple that everyone was jealous of. That one annoying couple that was always lost in each other the hallway after hours, or at the back of the bleachers at the night games. They were that addicting couple that you wished you could, just for one day, put yourself in. 

She was the girl you wrote stories pretending to be. And he was the boy you fantasized about. It was hard to think about anything else when looking at him. He had that lean muscled body, the one that you could draw a straight line down the center of. Those muscled abs you wanted to run your tongue against. His face was the type of face that people imagined their fantasy lover would look like. All sharp lines. All perfection.

Perfection comes with a price.

He pulled the car to a stop and turned to her, before winking and kicking the car door open. She mimicked his actions in a slightly more graceful way, before the two of them walked to the hood of the car. “I want to watch the sun with you,” he said, that impish grin smacked across his face.

He took her hand then and tugged her toward the field. The field they had spent so many days. The field where they had first kissed. The field he had taken her virginity in. This field held all of their firsts. 

They crossed the field, and found that perfect spot where the flowers wouldn’t meet and sat. The ground was soft and the perfect spot for anything. She looked at him, her eyes watering as a sad smile graced her plump lips.

“Will it hurt?” 

“Everything hurts, baby,” he stared at her then, frowning and clasping his fingers tighter around hers. “Just close your eyes. It’ll be over soon, and it’ll…it will be better.”

“You promise?” 

That look she gave him. He couldn’t lie to her. So instead he kissed her. He kissed her until the sun rose, and like lasers cut into their skin. It hurt. It wasn’t that glorious inner burning, like passion or like lust. It felt like someone was peeling skin off. 

She pulled away, gasping as blood left the corners of her eyes. And then, like snow, they began to fade away. And then it didn’t hurt so much.

© 2010 Billie Mae


Author's Note

Billie Mae
Interpret how you will. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, my. I love this, genuinely. I was intrigued the beginning I started reading, but I became fascinated by the ending.. even though I couldn't figure it out. I'm thinking along the lines of stripping themselves of their imperfections, sharing an intimacy the rest of the world knows nothing about. I could be way off, but that was my initial thought. You write beautifully, by the way. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved this story. The thing that really stood out, in my opinion...
is the way you dropped us in the middle of the story and gave us
barely..just enough character building details to get us emotionally
invested in these two lovers.That was a great way to push the theme
of love...by allowing us to let go and live in the moment.

I noticed that she lost her virginity..but it never said they lost theirs
together. That was a subtle way of shaping the relationship and eluding
that he could influence her in the most powerful ways...

There are 5000 questions running through my head right now as to why
they would do such a thing, but those unanswered questions makes the work linger in the mind as powerful work.

This is one of those perfect stories that you hope never have a sequel....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's got me thinking for sure!! I would say they are vampires, but they are watching the sun. I will have to think more, but I like it when you give a reader something to think about! Good job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. I truly enjoy your work. I feel like a jerk for saying this, but I tend not to read people's stories on this site. For one, plenty of them need atrocious amounts of editing and revision, but also their length annoys me. But yours my dear, tantalizes my eyes, as they only beg for more. FANTASTIC.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, my. I love this, genuinely. I was intrigued the beginning I started reading, but I became fascinated by the ending.. even though I couldn't figure it out. I'm thinking along the lines of stripping themselves of their imperfections, sharing an intimacy the rest of the world knows nothing about. I could be way off, but that was my initial thought. You write beautifully, by the way. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 10, 2010
Last Updated on November 10, 2010

Author

Billie Mae
Billie Mae

Chicago, IL



About
I'm Billie Mae. I'm eighteen years old and my life is staying exactly where it is. In my bedroom with the fan blowing and music blasting. My fingers are glued to my keyboard at all hours of the day, e.. more..

Writing
Chemistry Chemistry

A Chapter by Billie Mae


Football Games Football Games

A Chapter by Billie Mae



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..